Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well deserved Bankies lead, Pollok haven't shown up.

The pitch is a ploughed field and is a disgrace for a cup final.

Any c**t any idea what that constant tapping/vibrating metallic sound is? Highly irritating.

It's a faulty burglar alarm I think. The pitch isn't quite the "ploughed field" you refer to, but I've seen in it a lot better than it is just now, again quite surprising as "you know who" is never slow to tell me how good the pitch is at Somervell.

It's a faulty burglar alarm I think. The pitch isn't quite the "ploughed field" you refer to, but I've seen in it a lot better than it is just now, again quite surprising as "you know who" is never slow to tell me how good the pitch is at Somervell.

Me[emoji16]

Lok delivering their poorest performance of the season.Inept and devoid of any ideas and what the manager is doing bringing McKenzie in out of the blue when he adds nothing is baffling.Being easily beaten and not looking like creating anything.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I'm at the game just now, but can't get the Pollok team listing anywhere. No PA announcement, no team sheets on the notice board, and no updates from the Pollok official Twitter. Very surprising for a cup final. At least Clydebank have tweeted their team.

I have been trying to ensure that the Lok site was up to date as the game progressed but the past month or so I've been tied up in family stuff so it hasn't happened today.

If a club is going to host the game they should however post up the lineups surely? Amateur matches have better PR.

I only see Pollok 8-10 times a season, but I don't have a clue how you can 1) spend so much money and 2) release Davie Winters, and play McKenzie for 90 minutes in a Cup Final. Never seen him as anything more than a District League player.

I have been trying to ensure that the Lok site was up to date as the game progressed but the past month or so I've been tied up in family stuff so it hasn't happened today.
If a club is going to host the game they should however post up the lineups surely? Amateur matches have better PR.

Agree with you but like most teams we struggle for committee men

4 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Great wee day out for us, was fantastic to see the youth teams from both clubs out supporting their adult teams. Lok fans very genuine in their congratulations and much appreciated. Was disappointed by the fannies with the drum setting off fireworks aimed at kids, poor show, but what can you do. We defended really well and never let lok play the way they wanted to and lets face it they do like to play good football.
Couple of considerations for next seasons final, can it be at a ground with toilet facilities, a pa (or even a whiteboard with the teams written on it) and one which has the catering to cope? some folks waiting in a queue for 40 minutes for a pie.

Cambuslang , a big club attitude with a small team set up. 

Archived