Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, lang said:

Sweepers has been a private pub since the early 80's owned by the guy who used to sponsor this cup, Tom Brown. We will get a small percentage of the gate for rental plus the raffle and pie stall,if we have enough volunteers to do everything

WOuldnt putting a programme together be an idea? My understanding is that if the host club do and print one they keep 100% of the takings?

WOuldnt putting a programme together be an idea? My understanding is that if the host club do and print one they keep 100% of the takings?

The boys that do it have a hard enough time doing ours,probably dont have the time to do another one from scatch

I've seen on here and other threads that each club could each take ca.500 fans. Assuming an even split full price to concessions that's £6k at £8/£4.

Charging £6/£3 hoping to attract extra fans would need an extra 334 neutrals to generate the same income, which is not going to happen. The West Region boffins are sadly lacking in many aspects, but they know how to maximise income. And of course, they need the cash to pay for the Quadrangle debacle.

I understand that folks love to complain, but instead of pricing and posters being the issue, I still think the big story is that the date is only provisional based on Scottish Cup outcomes the week before.

On 10/16/2017 at 09:18, lang said:

Sweepers has been a private pub since the early 80's owned by the guy who used to sponsor this cup, Tom Brown. We will get a small percentage of the gate for rental plus the raffle and pie stall,if we have enough volunteers to do everything

Lang..... sent you a message..

I've seen on here and other threads that each club could each take ca.500 fans. Assuming an even split full price to concessions that's £6k at £8/£4.

Charging £6/£3 hoping to attract extra fans would need an extra 334 neutrals to generate the same income, which is not going to happen. The West Region boffins are sadly lacking in many aspects, but they know how to maximise income. And of course, they need the cash to pay for the Quadrangle debacle.

I understand that folks love to complain, but instead of pricing and posters being the issue, I still think the big story is that the date is only provisional based on Scottish Cup outcomes the week before.

Absolutely agree.

Only thing I can argue with in that post is about the Quadrangular tourney, the SJFA would pay for that, not the West Region. Tbh that gives the East and North Regions all the more reason to be miffed as their money is paying for a competition that they are given no consideration for when it comes to hosting games.

Only thing I can argue with in that post is about the Quadrangular tourney, the SJFA would pay for that, not the West Region. Tbh that gives the East and North Regions all the more reason to be miffed as their money is paying for a competition that they are given no consideration for when it comes to hosting games.

That bit was meant a wee bit tongue and cheek, but I still can't believe it that the final has been scheduled for a Scottish Cup replay weekend.

That bit was meant a wee bit tongue and cheek, but I still can't believe it that the final has been scheduled for a Scottish Cup replay weekend.

Not the first time it's happened. Back in 2011 we played Shotts on the Monday night after the replay weekend, with both teams supposed to have a blank Saturday. We drew our cup tie so had to play a replay while Shotts had the day off.

18 minutes ago, blairdardie bankie said:

Surely the clubs could work together on a programme for it ?

I believe they did last time the clubs met in the Sectional final up at our place.

Or they could do what ourselves and Shotts did the time we met in the final at Firhill a while back and just both do their own issue...you could pick up theirs at one end of the ground and ours at the other - or both if you're a completist like me :)

Archived