Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

I recall the Peasy v SBA one on a freezing cold night in (possibly) November at Maryhill wasn't that well attended. Good game though. 

Aye, it certainly wasn't packed, but the fact the game had been postponed twice before that certainly played a part in the low turnout.

Why did they change from having the finals midweek at Maryhill, was at two running both great nights.

What I was told by our rep was that some Central clubs had complained that they were being made to play on a Monday, sometimes having also played on the Saturday, while the Ayrshire final was always on a Sunday. The reason given was that Ayrshire at the time didn't have a suitable Junior ground with lights for the Ardagh final to be played midweek. The response was to start playing the Central final on a Sunday too.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheNauld said:

Kilsyth is an excellent park and would be the ideal venue for a final, there's decent transport links to the town too

With all our recent upgrades to the ground, totally renovated dressing rooms, new pie shop, toilets etc. we are surely due some recognition . Also plenty of parking within a very short walk at the new health centre carpark.

Coachman Hotel, Broch public house and Masonic club not too far away either for those who lIke a pre-match refreshment.

Yes, a couple of miles to the nearest train station (Croy), but how many actually travel by rail to these games?

Play the game on a Saturday afternoon at Duncansfield when Kilsyth are away from home.

What's the problem with this?? Why either the Friday night or a Sunday lol??

Trains and busses all run a plenty on Saturdays, if this is the only real issue.

However I'm sure both of these two bigger clubs following will travel a plenty by supporter busses anyway!

1 hour ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Play the game on a Saturday afternoon at Duncansfield when Kilsyth are away from home.

What's the problem with this?? Why either the Friday night or a Sunday lol??

Trains and busses all run a plenty on Saturdays, if this is the only real issue.

However I'm sure both of these two bigger clubs following will travel a plenty by supporter busses anyway!

the question of why not a Saturday has been answered. It gives neutrals the chance to get along to a final.  

I'm quite sure no matter what day the game was played, there would be a fair sized neutral contingent at the game!

Many supporters tend to take in a game as a neutral when there own team are away from home, including supporters of Kilsyth!

In terms of the size of crowd, I'm pretty sure both Pollok and Clydebank would bring a fair amount on there own without the neutrals. All in all, a good sized crowd and a decent atmosphere would be had I'm sure!!

HOPE IM SELLING THIS WELL TO THE SJFA!!!

Terrible that Clubs such as ourselves and Shotts who have worked hard to have grounds in such good condition, aren't even being considered for a final.

Both Duncansfield and Hannah Park have fantastic large playing surfaces, plentiful covered terracing and have the facilities needed to host a final. Both are well sized grounds, easily large enough to take a large sized support.

The SJFA don't take much consideration for the Scottish Cup Final by hosting it at Rugby Park each year and it's always well attended.

Let's give us other clubs a chance to host the provincial cups. I'm sure it would be a great advert for the game and still well attended wherever it's held!!

Archived