Central Sectional Cup final

eaglelok

What about the West Region office bearers who's own clubs are playing on the sat?

Yeah we can't have the blazers missing out on there own teams game on a Saturday, let's just f**k over pollok and clydebank and there fans.
I'm sure they will take over the wee bar at New Tinto and not let anyone else in just in case us supporter's upset them.
Wouldn't put it past them to reserve the seating section for themselves. Mind you that would mean they would have to leave there drinks behind.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

What about the West Region office bearers who's own clubs are playing on the sat?

1 hour ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

So prioritising a few blazers over the fans?

48 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

Yeah we can't have the blazers missing out on there own teams game on a Saturday, let's just f**k over pollok and clydebank and there fans.
I'm sure they will take over the wee bar at New Tinto and not let anyone else in just in case us supporter's upset them.
Wouldn't put it past them to reserve the seating section for themselves. Mind you that would mean they would have to leave there drinks behind.

... and there we have the definitive explanation

6 hours ago, tartanbankie74 said:

The precedence I am sure was set the last time we met Pollok in this final when they started playing this on a Sunday, we had 900 paying customers through the door hence the reason why correct me if I am wrong it has been played on a Sunday ever since. No disrespect to Bens here as the set-up looks great, but New Tinto Park is nowhere near able to comfortably house that figure although with it being on Friday on a Plastic  pitch when there are Internationals on the Tele at the same time it won't have too. So aside my own personal frustrations at missing out it has been highlighted by others on here the safety concerns the venue poses!

I would gladly give Pollok home advantage and play on Saturday at Newlandsfield if the powers at be saw sense! It would also hopefully generate a larger crowd and a larger revenue for all involved!

That would have been a reasonable response if I had once mentioned the venue in my post, however my focus was on the more greeting faced concerns of the Bankies fans regarding being on flights, going to the Scotland game, or having to travel from further than a mile away, etc. The venue may well be inappropriate but bubbling about the Friday night fixture on the basis of any of the aforementioned reasons is piss weak and deserving of scorn.

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

That would have been a reasonable response if I had once mentioned the venue in my post, however my focus was on the more greeting faced concerns of the Bankies fans regarding being on flights, going to the Scotland game, or having to travel from further than a mile away, etc. The venue may well be inappropriate but bubbling about the Friday night fixture on the basis of any of the aforementioned reasons is piss weak and deserving of scorn.

How dare folk moan that the governing body wouldn't take the views of paying supporters of the national football team who are playing two games on that particular weekend. Football is nothing without supporters and the Junior grade would do well to remember that, or can we afford to lose even more money across the board? Granted, they would have missed a fixture anyway, but to play a final never mind two on that particular weekend is madness.

10 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Enlighten us....

Please do.....your shitty comments on a topic that doesnt involve you just makes me think you are RRG in disguise. After your initial salvo i have realised that office bearers of both clubs were involved in the decision and have asked for an explanation from ours. Quite simply our club knows it has a significant amount of core fans who follow Scotland and would affect their support on this date.  You might think this is trivial and boohoo the Bankies fans getting upset, away and cry into your pints in Slovenia but i await your witty retort!

10 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Enlighten us....

4 minutes ago, tartanbankie74 said:

Please do.....your shitty comments on a topic that doesnt involve you just makes me think you are RRG in disguise. After your initial salvo i have realised that office bearers of both clubs were involved in the decision and have asked for an explanation from ours. Quite simply our club knows it has a significant amount of core fans who follow Scotland and would affect their support on this date.  You might think this is trivial and boohoo the Bankies fans getting upset, away and cry into your pints in Slovenia but i await your witty retort!

It's really pretty self explanatory what I was getting at chaps, and I'm sure you don't really need me to spell it out be here goes anyway. He's complaining about losing out on money before admitting in the same breath that they'd lose it anyway.  This thread has been an absolute masterclass in chucking the toys out the pram, and unfortunately logic has been chucked out with it. 

May I also point out that whether you like my opinion or not you're on  a forum for all Junior fans so you'll have to just suck it up I'm afraid.  If that's all a bit too much for your fragile emotions you could maybe take a wee leaf from the dearly missed RRG's book and start your own forum where you can all echo each other's hysterics unimpeded.  A third and more adult option would be  to start playing the ball rather than the man, as having a pop at me rather than the points I've made just makes you look like you can't actually construct an argument. 

You don't need me to point out that 2 cup finals will lose more money from people who cannot attend due to having made plans to follow the national team months in advance. In terms of losing it, had the league games already scheduled for that weekend taken place then we'd lose nothing but I understand that Pollok have had a good uptake of hospitality for the league match. I can go so it actually matters not a jot but I can also see why many others cannot and why they would rightly be angry at a decision that is nonsensical in terms of date and venue.

Archived