Stranraer v Airdrie

On 09/09/2017 at 22:46, bobsablue said:

Kvz , I was only a few yards away from the incident that led to Robbo's sending off and in my opinion the Ref got it correct.

Tom Fry , the Airdrie No 10,was actually lying on top of the ball and the Ref had given us a free kick so I don't know why Robbo had to attempt to play the ball , he did make contact with Fry. 

Hi Bobsablue,

just watched the Airdrie highlights , not wanting an argument and Robertsons challenge was not needed but no whistle and foul had not been given before his challenge , he played the ball with the player lying on top of it , still a needless thing to do but not a red in my opinion . 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Hi Bobsablue,

just watched the Airdrie highlights , not wanting an argument and Robertsons challenge was not needed but no whistle and foul had not been given before his challenge , he played the ball with the player lying on top of it , still a needless thing to do but not a red in my opinion . 

As clear a red card as you will see all season. 

12 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Hi Bobsablue,

So kicking as hard as you can at a ball underneath a player which he probably couldn't even see is not a red card? Watching the highlights it looks like he just got frustrated and kicked out at him, red card every day of the week. 

23 hours ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

So kicking as hard as you can at a ball underneath a player which he probably couldn't even see is not a red card? Watching the highlights it looks like he just got frustrated and kicked out at him, red card every day of the week. 

Not a red for me , ball is clearly visible , Airdrie player committing a foul by his actions that the ref didn't give until Robertson played the ball,

its a foul if you hit the man first then the ball but not the other way round , unnecessary yes but red card no 

5 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Not a red for me , ball is clearly visible , Airdrie player committing a foul by his actions that the ref didn't give until Robertson played the ball,

its a foul if you hit the man first then the ball but not the other way round , unnecessary yes but red card no 

Unfortunately in the modern game hitting the ball first and then the man often leads to Red Cards with the trailing leg scenario/endangering an opponent etc-if only we could have the good old days of Chelsea and Leeds hatchet men( or whoever you nominate). Still think Robertson did not need to have made the decision to get involved which made it easy for the Ref.

Archived