Greg Docherty

Chimter-boys

22 minutes ago, Chimter-boys said:

Greg Docherty could be the latest Scottish player to commit to Ireland, hope it doesn't turn out the same way as McCarthy and McGeady. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1522077/hamilton-martin-canning-scotland-euro-u21-scot-gemmill-greg-docherty/

He's probably been overlooked because he plays for a wee diddy club like Accies and not one of the OF developement teams.

Just now, The Moonster said:

That would be a good point if it weren't for the fact that Hamilton Accies' Ryan Fulton was called up.

Yeah but he was on Liverpool's books before he signed for us and had been called up before when he was there. In reality he looked very poor in the cup game against Albion Rovers.

Just now, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Yeah but he was on Liverpool's books before he signed for us and had been called up before when he was there. In reality he looked very poor in the cup game against Albion Rovers.

Okay. Greg Docherty was called up to the U21s last year whilst he played for you, why is he only being overlooked now because of the team he plays for?

Just now, The Moonster said:

Okay. Greg Docherty was called up to the U21s last year whilst he played for you, why is he only being overlooked now because of the team he plays for?

A valid point. I'd forgot he'd been called up previous. That makes it even more baffling then, as he's been in outstanding form so far this season. 

I really like Docherty, but it should be noted that the Scotland U21s, with a midfield packed with other players who also have tons of SPFL experience, defeated the Netherlands 2-0 last night.  It's not like he's being overlooked for a bunch of diddies.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:
2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

He's probably been overlooked because he plays for a wee diddy club like Accies and not one of the OF developement teams.

That would be a good point if it weren't for the fact that Hamilton Accies' Ryan Fulton was called up.

Or the fact that McGeady was an OF player.

If he has an offer from Ireland and feels he has an affinity/opportunity there then good luck to him.

The centre of the park last night was Mallan & Wilson. I think mccrorie was the back up in that position so I can see why Docherty will be slightly unhappy at not being picked. I'm sure he is in the managers thoughts and if he keeps up the form could get the call for the next game. I don't like this whole jumping nationality because I cant get a call up though. Jai Quitongo is another one, yes he could argue he should be in ahead of ryan hardie but keep playing well you will soon get recognition.

As much as I think Greg Docherty is the greatest footballer in the history of the world, he should fight to earn his place as opposed to pissing off because he's not getting picked. Look how well it's worked with Griffiths for the first team.

I find it a bit bewildering the quality of player missing out on U21 call ups. From Dundee - Cammy Kerr is 22 in September and has never once been called up by Scotland at any level. Jack Hendry is now 22, and hasn't as far as I'm aware received a single call up. I don't have much hope for Kerr Waddell either despite getting a regular first team game in the top flight of Scottish football.

Edited by Ludo*1

Would say something hibs related as a comeback but I suppose a Celtic related response would be more hurtful in this case?

Don't really follow Hibs much these days as we're not allowed to sing our songs inside the stadium. I'd much rather go to Paradise and watch the champs play while singing what we want.

Still hope Hibs do well right enough.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I find it a bit bewildering the quality of player missing out on U21 call ups. From Dundee - Cammy Kerr is 22 in September and has never once been called up by Scotland at any level. Jack Hendry is now 22, and hasn't as far as I'm aware received a single call up. I don't have much hope for Kerr Waddell either despite getting a regular first team game in the top flight of Scottish football.

Dundee are pish m8