Dundee United v Linfield 7th or 8th October

Guest DAVIDB69

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13 September 2017 at 07:26, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Deleted a swathe of posts - not cos of bias but because it has descended into the usual tit-for-tat nonsense and name-calling ... how about keeping this thread for people who actually want to discuss the match?

Fucking boo.  This is what happens when power is ceded to those of an ecumenical persuasion.  

I'm expecting the Spanish Inquisition next.

(leaves door wide open)

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fucking boo.  This is what happens when power is ceded to those of an ecumenical persuasion.  

I'm expecting the Spanish Inquisition next.

(leaves door wide open)

Thanks Granny!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

McKinnon confirming last night we will effectively be playing a youth team given our injuries at the moment (and that we have other things to focus on). Would imagine that Mehmet, Stanton, N'Koyi, Allardice and Fraser would be the only first team players with the rest being youth or fringe youth players (Smith, Piggott, Chalmers etc)

Think our only confirmed players would probably be  - 

Mehmet

Young Guy

Allardice

Young Guy

Young Guy

Young Guy

Stanton

Fraser

Young Guy

N'Koyi

Young Guy

No idea what kind of game to expect, don't know the standard of Linfield or what kind of crowd we might have given it is a 5:15 kick-off and is on TV (would imagine a reasonable travelling support). All in all not really sure what to make of it.

Less than 100 to travel and a Dundee united win. That's my prediction anyway.

Lots of our fans will be in Norway for the International game, and the late kick-off has put off a lot from travelling as it involves an overnighter.

Fingers crossed no keech turns up to misguidedly "represent" us.

Do you guys see yourself as favourites? With you guys planning to play a youthful lineup, I think it'll be an intriguing game. 

I've spoken to a couple of Linfield players this week and they certainly see the game as a bonus for them. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/05/linfield-ready-for-uphill-challenge-against-united/

On 03/10/2017 at 01:12, UnitedLoon63 said:

Mehmet
Murdoch Allardice Durnan Dailey
Fraser Flood Stanton Chalmers
N’Koyi Smith

Can see the likes of N’Koyi, Fraser and Stanton starting after not playing long at weekend. Flood also as he hasn’t played much recently.

This is Fraser's level.  If N'Koyi is coming back from injury I be loathe to risk him in this game; should be saving him for the league.

“I think we will be alright. We have a pretty big squad,” emphasises Lowry. “The manager has signed a few more players which has added to our squad".

Aye, at the start of the season when we let quite a few go too. Form has been patchy despite the results.

Arabs have to be favourites as we will play 5/6 first teamers with fringe and reserve players to supplement. Can't see anything other than a home win. Roy Carroll is a huge loss for us as he is more than a keeper; he organises the defence and his experience is invaluable.

I've been asked to publish this article and advertise it here by Janie Megarry from Linfield. It is his preview of his sides visit to Tannadice tomorrow. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/06/opposition-focus-linfield/

What kind of crowd are you guys expecting tomorrow? Apparently not as many will travel across as it's a layer kick off but they still hope to bring over a couple of hundred. 

With Roy Carroll away on international duty, it'll be a good test for their backup keeper Gareth Deane. 

Archived