East Fife v Queens Park

Can we finally get one over our bogey team ~ Queens Park ?? Can the players repay the supporters who had to endure a dire Derby display against Raith Rovers ? Will Darren Young retain faith in the players who lost 5-0 to the Rovers ? Will he shake the team up and give one or two the chance to show what they can do ? Will he continue with the 4-4-1-1 formation or go 2 up front ?

Lots of questions to be answered. We really need the 3 points and a convincing performance to kick start the season and to rekindle the early season optimism. We have struggled against Gus McPherson teams in recent seasons although the look to be slightly weaker than recent seasons and McGeever and Zanatta will be big misses for them but Willie Muir always seems to perform well against us. Would like to see us go 4-4-2 this week with a few changes in personnel.

I'd like to see us start with

Hurst

Dunsmore. Watson.  Page.  Linton

Reilly.  Millar.  Wilkie.  Flannigan

Hurst    Duggan

Subs - Goodfellow, Gordon. Docherty. Slattery  Willis.  Wilson &  Kane

I'll probably be a mile away and Young will probably go with the same starting 11 but I think it's time to show nobody is safe and that he isn't scared to shake things up and not pander to a few egos. Hopefully we get the 3 points and give us something to build on in what will be a very tough league. Mon the Fife !

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with you that both the Manager and the Team owe the fans big-time after that inept , pathetic performance against Raith.Personally I cannot remember such a poor performance from every single player bar none.Yes we have have all witnessed bad defeats but THAT performance was the lowest of the low.Totally unacceptable.

With regard to the team selection against Queens Park, quite frankly it could be anyone who is selected.It could be the same team that played against Raith- to prove that THAT game was a one-off or alternatively the manager could make wholesale changes.What is not in doubt is that the Manager especially and certain players in particular will be under intense scrutiny.

I agree with you that Hurst and Linton should start.Pagey should start if he is totally fit- if not I would like to see him come on from the bench.Reilly deserves an opportunity although I am not sure that he and Flannigan should be playing at the same time.

Central midfield is a conundrum.Millar had an absolute shocker against Raith. That match was made for his tackling abilities. Unfortunately the game passed him by.We all know that Kane is a better defender than midfielder but would he have won more tackles than Millar.? In my opinion , we are a soft touch when we don't have the ball and for whatever reason cannot seem to win it back.

Agree would like to see Hurst and Duggan play up front together.

The fans are rightly peed off with the Team and The Manager.He does seem to favour   certain players over others and from the outside there appears to be disharmony within the squad.Personally I cannot wait until both Page and Kevin Smith are fully match fit.

Not sure how the fans will respond on Saturday. What is certain is that both the Manager and Players will be under great pressure .

Having had time to reflect on the Raith game it was clear we had no central midfield and no defence. So anyone of those players could be dropped as far as I'm concerned. Think we all know who the guys with the big egos are and they certainly never covered themselves in glory. One things for sure we will certainly need to work 100 percent harder when we don't have the ball, as we seem to allow the opposition a lot of time and space when they have possession. I think we have to be far more compact in the middle of the park and close down the opposition much better. A few of the players will know they had a shocker last time out only the manager will know if he can trust them again on Saturday. Some certainly need a big shift in desire and attitude before I'd pick them for my team again. Let's hope that embarrassing defeat has brought home a few home truths and things have been learned. 

15 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Wow, Einstein is alive and kicking!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, east fife for life said:

Cracking post! Must read again sometime....

Jeez, you guys just don't get irony do you? BYOS reels in another couple of suckers.

7 hours ago, The Spider said:

Jeez, you guys just don't get irony do you? BYOS reels in another couple of suckers.

Irony, I don't think so. You seem to be trying to recover an idiotic post form BYOS. Is he a friend of yours or maybe a relative.

I'd like to be friends with you. Admiring your never-give-up spirit.

Two bars open for both sets of fans to mix in on Saturday. I reckon you two should wear a carnation and carry a copy of the Record to identify each other. Hope it all goes well.

12 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Irony, I don't think so. You seem to be trying to recover an idiotic post form BYOS. Is he a friend of yours or maybe a relative.

We are all friends at Queen's Park, whereas you lot are all relatives.

Archived