Bairns v Pars in the challenge cup

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A deserved win for Falkirk. We didn't play well at all. 

Paul Hartley will be delighted I am sure with what he saw and will be encouraged going forward in the league. 

It was two poor goals from our point of view. Credit to Hippolyte for the second; he had the awareness to flick it over Ashcroft's head and was composed to slot it home. 

I hope the keeper, David Mitchell, is OK as it looked a terrible injury he picked up. 

No qualms on the red card. Silly and poor challenge by Shiels no matter what was said prior. 

For my full thoughts and report, check out my website: https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/08/bairns-through-to-quarter-finals-after-convincing-win/

It's a red card offence, but no advantage was gained.

It's not a red card offence. He neither denied a goal nor an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

The ball was already over the line in any case, so advantage doesn't apply either.

Christ when you play amateur all sorts are said on the pitch to try and rile you up. Short, Tall, Ginger etc. Sheils is a wee snowflake if he can't handle that patter.

So it was alright for that fan to make monkey gestures at Hippo? He was only trying to rile him up etc.

Are you suggesting the two are the same?

Of course not, McKee didn't try and mock Shiels ethnicity, "just" his disability.

The way I look at it is that no one that I know, and I'd be willing to say that most Falkirk fans are the same, would not just go upto a blind man in the street and insult/mock him for his lack of sight, why on earth would standing on a patch of grass/being in a football stadium make it acceptable? If I were to see someone go up and mock someone for a disability I'd say that's just as bad as someone giving out racial abuse.

In all my time playing football the only disability I played against was someone with tourettes and no one had digs at the bloke about it. It's nothing about being a snowflake or any such nonsense, if mocking disabilities is your thing you can't try and act outraged at racial abuse, it's just as bad. I've played in games where racial abuse has happened as well as being racially abused, It's not something I take lightly, despite that I'd have no worries about saying that mocking disabilities is just as bad.

Why any fan thinks that paying a tenner for entrance money gives you free reign to shout abuse of a racist/homophobic/sectarian or disabled nature is mental.

Of course not but you know that, don't you? ????

I know quite well, it's you that seems to be having a hard time comprehending it.

Surely as long as it's on a football pitch, as long as it gets under Hippos skin then it's alright? Wouldn't want to be a snowflake now. Hippo should just accept it for the wind up it is, he's probably had it his whole life right? Probably should just get used to it.

Just going by your original post of course.

Pars fans should worry about getting the racists/homophobes out of there support rather than bothering what wee Kevin is up to x

Falkirk fans shouldn't be defending and engaging in discriminatory behaviour.

I haven't (and as far as I can seen In this thread other pars fans )engaged in discriminatory behaviour in the way yourself and other Falkirk posters have. Don't even attempt to claim to moral high ground.

I haven't (and as far as I can seen In this thread other pars fans )engaged in discriminatory behaviour in the way yourself and other Falkirk posters have. Don't even attempt to claim to moral high ground.

Can’t hear you from away up hear bud. Our chairman won’t be releasing a statement about our fans being animals anytime soon tho x

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Go and f**k yourself ya smelly b*****d

Can’t hear you from away up hear bud. Our chairman won’t be releasing a statement about our fans being animals anytime soon tho x

Let's be clear, our chairman is releasing statements because he his determined that such behaviour won't be tolerated. I have seen many fans from different clubs behave in worse or similar manners but not a single regime has stood up to it like Ross has. You weren't releasing statements about gas chants for example.

I appear to have missed the history lesson where millions of prosthetic eye users were enslaved, massacred then faced hundreds of years of poverty & persecution on account of their characteristic.
The two aren't really comparable.

Prejudice is disgusting in all it forms you fuckwit. And yes you must have missed quite a few history lessons in regards to how people with disabilities have been treated to suggest they have had an easy time of it!

Just had a read through this thread, forgot we were even playing on Saturday until two guys at work were talking about their bets on the challenge cup.

Seems like a lot of people have taken it very, very seriously.  :unsure2:

Let's be clear, our chairman is releasing statements because he his determined that such behaviour won't be tolerated. I have seen many fans from different clubs behave in worse or similar manners but not a single regime has stood up to it like Ross has. You weren't releasing statements about gas chants for example.

Let’s be clear, eye couldn’t give a f**k.

Archived