Bairns v Pars in the challenge cup

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2017 at 10:42, brokeville said:

Statement from the chairman should really have read : ' I cant remember the last time DAFC had 5 players they could actually afford involved with the various international squads'

This will be a comfortable home victory btw, unless Falkirk play fringe/youth players too, in which case I wouldn't know what to expect. 

Murdoch

Martin - Ashcroft -  Talbot - Duthie

Hopkirk - Splaine - Shiels - Lochhead

Clark - Ryan

Subs: Gill, Nat, Higgy, McManus, 

I'm guessing that we'll lie up with something like this. M'Voto and Paton have been injured recently but I don't know if they're still out. 

20 minutes ago, smpar said:

This will be a comfortable home victory btw, unless Falkirk play fringe/youth players too, in which case I wouldn't know what to expect. 

Murdoch

Martin - Ashcroft -  Talbot - Duthie

Hopkirk - Splaine - Shiels - Lochhead

Clark - Ryan

Subs: Gill, Nat, Higgy, McManus, 

I'm guessing that we'll lie up with something like this. M'Voto and Paton have been injured recently but I don't know if they're still out. 

Christ you've only lost two regulars to international call ups. We can also say we've got  injuries too and a couple of youngsters away on international duty but we certainly arent going to put our excuses out in a statement from the chairman.

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ you've only lost two regulars to international call ups. We can also say we've got  injuries too and a couple of youngsters away on international duty but we certainly arent going to put our excuses out in a statement from the chairman.

:lol:

We made 8 changes in the last round of the cup, and Johnston has said that it's been good to give fringe/youth players a chance in this competition as we don't have a development squad. Even if we had a fully fit, available squad, I'd still be expecting a team similar to the one I've stated above. 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The aftermath to this game (whichever way it goes) is going to be fucking brilliant.

Best thing about this fixture is that it means two weeks of recovery time for Joe Cardle. Hopefully won't be far off a return by the time league business resumes. Apart from with the two striker positions, any deviation from our first choice starting players results in a dramatic dip in quality. Falkirk 3 0 Pars. 

In all seriousness, I read our chairman’s statement as though we’ll be putting out fringe players again, as we’ve done in earlier rounds, which is why we haven’t asked for a postponement. No excuses, just informing fans of the decision that’s been made. We were entitled to request a postponement and the manager said that he didn’t wish to do that. I seriously think you’re looking for something that’s not there, if you’d deem that to be an ‘excuse’ for anything?

I get that but the two regulars are coming from a defence which is further depleted by injury to the back-up centre half - the other back-up centre half could have played there but will probably play at right back since our other option there (Aird) has also been called up. Aird and Smith while not regulars are usually on the bench (and Smith came on at half time at the weekend) so had they been available they'd have probably been expecting to play on Saturday. We are running with a small squad this season (through choice - many of us feel we're one or two short still) so losing any player means quite a lot. When you add in injury to Cardle, Paton and M'voto it means our squad is probably down to about the 15 mentioned by smpar above and that's about it. If Falkirk play any sort of full strength team they should win this quite comfortably (although I'm still tempted to go with it only being a tenner).

19 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Statement from the chairman should really have read : ' I cant remember the last time DAFC had 5 players they could actually afford involved with the various international squads'

You really can't get over the fact that our fans love of our club kept us alive, eh?

It's pleasing that you are enraged about this. Very very pleasing indeed 

1 hour ago, P475 said:

You really can't get over the fact that our fans love of our club kept us alive, eh?

Aye right. The club were desperate for cash with the HMRC closing  and yet only 2000 odd could be arsed turning  up for a midweek game against us about a week before you called in Bryan Jackson and his crew . :lol:

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye right. The club were desperate for cash with the HMRC closing  and yet only 2000 odd could be arsed turning  up for a midweek game against us about a week before you called in Bryan Jackson and his crew . :lol:

Yet we got the last laugh, we survived regardless  8) 

Fife's biggest team is here to stay :thumsup2

6 minutes ago, P475 said:

Yet we got the last laugh, we survived regardless  8) 

Fife's biggest team is here to stay :thumsup2

Your statement was that fan power kept you alive and you had one of the smallest ever home crowds for one of our fixtures the week before you went under.  That said to me that most folk couldn't care less.

Im certainly not enraged about it as its allowed me to enjoy watching my team pump Dunfermline another 5 times over the past few seasons.

The fans didn't get involved until masterton was out the picture, then once he was gone, reference my statement on the fans love for D.A.F.C

Youll maybe get over it one day but, until then I'll continue to get a laugh at you being furious about the fans of "Fife's biggest team" saving the club they love :lol:

We went into admin four and a half years ago. Wee bit of a dreary subject to bring up. The arguments have been done to death. The football debts were paid, most of the biggest financial losers are still involved, local companies who lost out re-built their relationships with the new owners, we did our time in the Seaside League. Still not as boring as this fixture though. AJ taking the right attitude - play whoever needs a game and is fit enough and get it over with. 

3 hours ago, P475 said:

I don't think anyone out with an interest of Dunfermline fc  are enraged.

I'm sure there will be folk who lost money will be but as you said some are happy due to the club surviving.

The approach your lot should have is that its never gonna go away, its the like being electronically tagged for the rest of your life. The only blessing is you have Dundee, Livvy, Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell, Gretna etc to share the tagging with

I personally would've liked to seen the punishment fit the the crime for clubs that have entered the financial get out. A five or ten year 10pt penalty deduction each season would have been more of a fitting punishment and would've released the tag that will forever be in many peoples eyes.

Archived