Bairns v Pars in the challenge cup

People on twitter/Facebook seem to genuinely believe the club should be asking for a postponement, because of international call-ups. Wouldn't make any real sense to me.

Only player on international duty, that started in the last round, is Aird. I'd hardly argue that him being out weakens the team.

Good chance to play fringe players like Gill, Duthie, Martin, Splaine, Lochhead & Ryan, without making some first team players have an extra midweek game. I'd add Paton & M'Voto to the list as well, if they were fit. Let's not pretend that we're suddenly going to take this competition seriously, just because it's against Falkirk's fringe players.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People on twitter/Facebook seem to genuinely believe the club should be asking for a postponement, because of international call-ups. Wouldn't make any real sense to me.

Only player on international duty, that started in the last round, is Aird. I'd hardly argue that him being out weakens the team.

Good chance to play fringe players like Gill, Duthie, Martin, Splaine, Lochhead & Ryan, without making some first team players have an extra midweek game. I'd add Paton & M'Voto to the list as well, if they were fit. Let's not pretend that we're suddenly going to take this competition seriously, just because it's against Falkirk's fringe players.

We have 3 fit defenders available. It's win win for us if the game does go ahead on Saturday though.

If we win the match then we can laugh at Falkirk losing to our kids.

If we lose the match then it doesn't matter. It was only the kids who played.

FFS.....who will be out on international duty for the pars ?

The start we have had, being a home game and getting our arse ripped for 45 mins last time v pars, we will take this game a little more serious than if we were playing any of the other remaining teams.

Smiths last game in charge probably, new manager in the stand.

Whoever wins will have goading rights, tho won't hurt as much as a league loss for the loser.

The tie itself has added more spice than playing any of the other remaining teams, the attendance alone will prove that and should break 2000, would've broke around 1000+ if it was anyone else 

FFS.....who will be out on international duty for the pars ?

Ryan Williamson, Stuart Morrison and Callum Smith for the younger Scotland squads. Callum Morris for the Northern Ireland senior squad and Fraser Aird (lol) for Canada.

Not sure whether to bother going to this but with Dumfries the week after I might pop along. Can see both teams playing a fairly strong team - well as far as we can with our defence depleted with injury and international call ups. Think the likes of McManus, Higginbotham and Wedderbrun will have to play as there are no real options to replace them which might be an issue if one of them picks up an injury. Hopefully we avoid any knocks and the result is pretty academic.

2 hours ago, brokeville said:

Having 5 (FIVE) players good enough to be called up by their national sides does put us at a bit of a disadvantage tbf.

58 minutes ago, smpar said:

Having 5 (FIVE) players good enough to be called up by their national sides does put us at a bit of a disadvantage tbf.

Two full international call ups who wont play/start and 3 youth call ups that will give them something to talk about in the pub when their career has ended. 

Here is hoping it has an adverse effect to your team on Saturday and the rest of the season......

Having had more crucial players in our team over the years miss games due to international call ups, zero fuks is given

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Serious question for Pars.

Is Wedderburn going to be ok being in the same vicinity as Lee Miller again so soon after getting

0cf9c1044f0ebe3690552f5cc58e228f.jpg

Miller was in a hissy fit as Wedderburn had wiped him out a few minutes earlier. Miller had tried to block Wedderburn's run at a throw in and Nat ran through him like he wasn't there. Miller knew foul play was his only option. Wedderburn doesn't feel pain but received a signal from the bench that someone had tried to foul him so engaged his level 3 play acting in order to ensure the referee knew to take action. Once it was clear Miller was getting the red card, Mr Wedderburn got up and continued as normal. 

In these dark days as a Falkirk fan it's good for you to have these comforting fantasies. I'm looking forward to the next instalment, "The day one of our carthorses put in a clean tackle".

Archived