East Kilbride YMCA (SAFL)

List_of_Jericho

36 minutes ago, the_joker said:

What happened in the game at the weekend? EK v Drum Colts got abandoned by the ref for intimidation of referee when EK were winning 3=0

Didn't see anything about that one, Gunner might be able to shed some light if it was involving EK?

Were East Kilbride FC. 

In the SAFL there is also an EKYM, EK Rolls royce, Claremont, Duncanrig... all from EK. There's also East Kilbride AFC in the Central. EK juniors and a raft of saturday morning EK teams too. 

It still baffles me. 

EKYM Safl team have folded apparently. They were drawn against Colville in the Scottish today but guy from colville told me they will get a bye.

Not folded. We have a relief of fixtures at present from SAFL and are working in the background to get players in. Same problem as everyone else unfortunately in this day and age. Lack of commitment, going to watch old firm etc etc. Still running five squads in Caley, GGPL, Over 35s, Under 17s and 19s.

Just now, EKYM G said:

Not folded. We have a relief of fixtures at present from SAFL and are working in the background to get players in. Same problem as everyone else unfortunately in this day and age. Lack of commitment, going to watch old firm etc etc. Still running five squads in Caley, GGPL, Over 35s, Under 17s and 19s.

Hopefully it gets sorted for youse mate.

2 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Amazes me how many teams there are from East Kilbride. Counted at least twelve the last time I was chatting about with someone when combining Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Mad to think about.

EKFC(safl),EKYM(Caley, GGPL & SAFL), EK AFC(Central), Dynamo EK(GGPL), EKRR(SAFL), Claremont(SAFL), Duncanrig(SAFL) 9 Saturday afternoon teams.Think there is EK Accies, EK Thistle Amateurs in the Saturday morning leagues and potentially a couple of church teams Westwood BB & EK Free Churches. On a sunday I only know of Whitemoss and EK Athletic, don't know if EK Milan are still running. Also with the Lowland League team and the Juniors it is quite a lot. Most of these clubs have a great history so hopefully they can continue as its getting harder and harder in EK to keep teams going.

Being from Ayrshire I've only came up against the East Kilbride sides a couple of times but have always had good quality but I take the point of diluted quality spanning across all the sides, hopefully not but you can see why with the number of teams from that area if it is true. What I do know is that they have a good structure and model in place throughout the entire club so that there is a pathway for lads (and ladies) to stay with the club throughout their playing career. A lot of clubs could learn a thing or two.

21 minutes ago, 4-3-3R said:

Being from Ayrshire I've only came up against the East Kilbride sides a couple of times but have always had good quality but I take the point of diluted quality spanning across all the sides, hopefully not but you can see why with the number of teams from that area if it is true. What I do know is that they have a good structure and model in place throughout the entire club so that there is a pathway for lads (and ladies) to stay with the club throughout their playing career. A lot of clubs could learn a thing or two.

You're right a good few of the EK clubs are SFA Quality Marked and have a pathway for all ages. Claremont, EKYM, EKRR all have a good pathway for players from young ages.

That's the idea of the player pathway, so that the kid can join and potentially stay with the same club right up into their adulthood. That's why youth clubs having affiliations with amatuer sides and amatuer sides having the same with junior sides potentially can create that pathway. How better would the game be if clubs all worked together for the better of the player and the overall game.

That's the idea of the player pathway, so that the kid can join and potentially stay with the same club right up into their adulthood. That's why youth clubs having affiliations with amatuer sides and amatuer sides having the same with junior sides potentially can create that pathway. How better would the game be if clubs all worked together for the better of the player and the overall game.

Proper player pathways from 4 years of age up to adults at Claremont, EKFC, EKRR and ourselves. We have over 35s, Old Crocks and Walking Football also. And you're spot on its great to see the older guys still playing for your club at older levels. We took 30 odd to an over 40s tournament in Denmark this summer so there is still the appetite there. I can see the argument about pooling resources to win a major but each club has their own history going back decades and there's no way anyone wants to just bin that. That's what it's all about

Archived