Stirling Albion v Clyde

Right. Not here to play school teacher but cpl things.....

Mcneill got it a wee bit tight. Why??! Player like him is a nobody and should be ignored like his ability...

Shouting at own keeper is wrong. Hes not my cup o tea but givin him dogs when play at other end v wrong and wont help. You know who you are. Cmon....

Chapman gettin told to make a sub. Pulls off tiredest player who was bubba but then gets it tight-See 1 Above...

Were all clyde fans and have our opinions. Personally id rather walk away than stay n do above...

DGW stand out. Like CH comms, ball played on the deck 2nd half and peaso clapping us,Remember that next game and forget the useless ones[emoji106]

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was really disappointed with us today, we never hit the standards of the previous week but that may have been down to complacency and/or the dirty tactics that Clyde adopted.

Clyde deserved their win in my eyes and sadly for us David Goodwillie was a class above, surely someone higher up will take him off Clyde's hands in January, despite the negative publicity he brings.

For as good as he was though, he looked offside for his first goal from where I was sitting and as his diving antics were embarrassing at times.

Their 2nd goal was horrendous Defending from our part and the 3rd was a clear foul on Caddis (pulled him back) which Clyde won the ball back from. Take nothing away from them, as I said it the start, they were deserving of their win and gave us a lesion on how to be streetwise.

It's back to the drawing board for Mackay, our build up play was slow and lumbered at times, at others our ball into the box was poor or the wrong option.

We're still top of the league and it's been a wonderful start to the season so can't have too many complaints, bad day at the office but bring on Montrose.

Goodwillie was well behind the last defender for the 1st goal. At least 3 or 4 yards on.

I was waiting for a whistle for our third goal. I never seen the pull but given some of the other questionable decisions today I more expected us to be halted.

I was pleasantly surprised how quiet a game Morrison had. Was expecting him to rip us apart but thankfully didn't happen.

Mcneill got it a wee bit tight. Why??! Player like him is a nobody and should be ignored like his ability...

Shouting at own keeper is wrong. Hes not my cup o tea but givin him dogs when play at other end v wrong and wont help. You know who you are. Cmon....

Chapman gettin told to make a sub. Pulls off tiredest player who was bubba but then gets it tight-See 1 Above...

Were all clyde fans and have our opinions. Personally id rather walk away than stay n do above...

DGW stand out. Like CH comms, ball played on the deck 2nd half and peaso clapping us,Remember that next game and forget the useless ones[emoji106]

I think the booing of McNeil was good natured banter to a former player. I think his smile showed that.

The shouting at Currie, although regrettable, was due to frustration from the some fans because they thought he was partially responsible for the goals.

Incidently the abuse was nothing compared to what Breslin was getting. His response was to put in a much better performance in the second half.

Burbridge, although tired, was still a threat to the Stirling defence when he was subbed. He could take the unhappiness with his substitution as a compliment.

I thought today was a rollercoaster of a match. Emotions were high. That's why it was so enjoyable to watch.

Given the shit we've watched over quite a few seasons, I think the Bully Wee away support are some of the most supportive of their team. I thought we showed that today.

You'll never have a game in which 100% of fans are 100% supportive of the players for the entire match.

I wouldn't like our support to be "Happy Clappers". If I wanted that I'd go to watch rugby or the tennis.

Got to agree with you here, some of the shouts from our support were embarrassing. Including Burbridge getting called a fucking idiot for giving away a foul in the attacking half, the reaction to the burbridge substitution and the shouts at the keeper.

Fair enough the keeper hasn't really shone yet but shouting he is shite etc is no help. For what's it's worth I thought McNiff was more culpable for the second goal for letting the ball past him at the front post and Breslin sold the first.

Thought monroe looked our best defender and some much needed shouting and organising at the back from him that's been missing till now.

Cuddihy was the pick of our central midfielders I thought, can't understand the earlier comment about him hardly having a touch.

Goodwillie was outstanding, although caught offside a lot in first half. If Gormley had been caught offside that many times some poor sod in our crowd would have had an aneurysm.

Finally, forthbank is a great wee ground but is there really any need for security to be searching folk as they go in. It's Scottish League 2 FFS, what they expecting!

I notice Osadolor didn't feature today, I assume that his customary few games are now up and his bum will now remain rooted to the bench for the rest of the season. I don't know why Chapman still bothers with him

He was dropped in a tactical change when away to the unbeaten league leaders. He will still play his part.

Goodwillie was well behind the last defender for the 1st goal. At least 3 or 4 yards on.

I was waiting for a whistle for our third goal. I never seen the pull but given some of the other questionable decisions today I more expected us to be halted.

I was pleasantly surprised how quiet a game Morrison had. Was expecting him to rip us apart but thankfully didn't happen.

Goodwillie - You could be right mate, wouldn't argue against it, probably just the angle I had.

Ref - Ah some of the decisions were baffling, especially the protection given to Binnie. For the goal though the pull was right in front of the ref so you expect to get it, but hey ho, lovely finish by the lad.

Morrison - Probably his least effective 90 minutes (at Forthbank anyway) since March. It just didn't happen for him today, but he's an exciting player with a big future in the game.

Got to agree with you here, some of the shouts from our support were embarrassing. Including Burbridge getting called a fucking idiot for giving away a foul in the attacking half, the reaction to the burbridge substitution and the shouts at the keeper.

Fair enough the keeper hasn't really shone yet but shouting he is shite etc is no help. For what's it's worth I thought McNiff was more culpable for the second goal for letting the ball past him at the front post and Breslin sold the first.

Thought monroe looked our best defender and some much needed shouting and organising at the back from him that's been missing till now.

Cuddihy was the pick of our central midfielders I thought, can't understand the earlier comment about him hardly having a touch.

Goodwillie was outstanding, although caught offside a lot in first half. If Gormley had been caught offside that many times some poor sod in our crowd would have had an aneurysm.

Finally, forthbank is a great wee ground but is there really any need for security to be searching folk as they go in. It's Scottish League 2 FFS, what they expecting!

I but it's alright to come on here and slaughter players with all sorts ?

I but it's alright to come on here and slaughter players with all sorts ?

Players would need to choose to come on here and read this forum. If they do so then they need to take what they read on the chin. Not really the same as being hounded or told you are shite at the match.

People pay their money and are perfectly entitled to their opinion. All I am saying is it was excessive today and as soon as some players make an error they are a target.

Apart from scoring cuddhy did nothing you think he was better than Nicol? The goalkeeper lost two goals from inside his 6 yard box

Good Willie wasn't caught offside that much the guy is different class.

Currie has frustrated me a few times in the games he's played but givin the guy abuse is a disgrace a young guy about 21/22 and even Breslin isn't even 20 I don't think.. givin them abuse is only goin to make them play worse get behind the team.

27 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Players would need to choose to come on here and read this forum. If they do so then they need to take what they read on the chin. Not really the same as being hounded or told you are shite at the match.

People pay their money and are perfectly entitled to their opinion. All I am saying is it was excessive today and as soon as some players make an error they are a target.

The problem with arguing with people who choose to go over the top abusing their own players during a game is that they are, without exception, hopelessly thick. Otherwise they'd see how counter-productive it is and they'd stop. 

Currie has frustrated me a few times in the games he's played but givin the guy abuse is a disgrace a young guy about 21/22 and even Breslin isn't even 20 I don't think.. givin them abuse is only goin to make them play worse get behind the team.

So what did you hear shouted today ?

Archived