Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a highly entertaining game on Sat. Depends what Clyde team turns up, dont want to witness another grabbing a defeat from the jaws of victory, looks like we need to score the first 3 goals to gain at least a draw, however the new signings may bring a bit of stability to our set-up. Need to win the midfield battle and be competitive for the full 90mins......(not expecting a Scotlandesch midfield performance as against Lithuania, however concentration and dig would be a start) 

Hopefully the dreaded Manager and Player of the Month awards come to haunt the Binos :thumbsdown.............. Big and Noisy Clyde support for Sat expected :thumsup2..........

We are and always will be the famous Bully Wee.............:wub:

I can see this being a really good game if both teams are up for it. Stirling have had a perfect start to the season pretty much and we've been decent just missing some golden chances and leaking silly goals. If we can keep it tight at the back and Goodwilly is up for it and we give him the right service we could get a win here but I will be happy taking a point from this one and building on that next week.

If we can keep it tight at the back and Goodwilly is up for it and we give him the right service we could get a win

This will be a recurring theme this season.

I really hope that Monro steadies the defensive ship.

In saying that, the midfield need to up their defensive game too. It's been practically non existent so far this season.

Stirling do seem to score a fair few goals from getting their wider players (Smith and Morrison) into the box and playing off loose balls.

I'd personally change to a back four and have Nicoll in front as Stirling will probably use that space better than the teams we have played against so far. Full-backs not with any real intent to push forward. I fear we'll sit too deep if Nicoll is part of the backline and we really need to defend at the edge of our box, not inside it. Flank him in midfield with the mobility of Ramsay and Cuddihy. Goodwillie with Burbidge and either Wright/Lamont either side, preferably sticking high up the pitch.

Don't see any reason we can't get a result. Stirling are my favourites for the league but they'll have a blip or two.

Archived