44 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

I think he's been pretty good overall. He gets forward when needed, can defend to a reasonable standard and has a cracking delivery. I'm a fan of McNeil tbh.

Maybe if he used properly he could be a decent player, Ferguson had him playing all over the place.

BullyWeeLad    118

Honestly I can't remember McNeil having a stand out game for us when someone told me and my dad he was away to Stirling we didn't have a clue who McNeil actually was :lol:  

JakeSAFC    805
when someone told me and my dad he was away to Stirling we didn't have a clue who McNeil actually was :lol:  

Definitely happened...

cfcuk    851
Must admit to a complete indifference to players who move on in most cases. In the case of those now at Stirling - yes Peaso may be a class act, but in the twilight and I wouldn't swap ANY striker in the league(Rory M at Peterhead included) for Goodwillie. McNeil was a decent player, but also very prone to monumental brain farts. A fully fit Duffie could and should be a more than adequate replacement/improvement.

It's funny to me though that McNeill is criticised for a lack of loyalty, when the most unloyal "player" we had last year had a fund created for him, some clowns even making him out to be one of the finest players to EVER wear the jersey.
When in reality he played ten games, was unfortunately injured, had his operation paid for at great expense to the club in current climate, then refused to prove himself. Not to mention the alleged unrest he caused in dressing rooms, public disturbances caused off the pitch , and asking club for more money at every single opportunity.
McNeill may have felt his future lay elsewhere and that is/was his prerogative, but I would have him WAY down the list of those who could be accused of not repaying the clubs faith.

Clowns that's a new one for fans who have different opinion

cfcuk    851

Mc Neill is a good player
Giving him a bit of stick on Saturday what football is all about bit of a pantomime villain

haufdaft    668

Giving him a bit of stick on Saturday what football is all about bit of a pantomime villain

Exactly.
McNeil saw the funny side too.

14 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Clowns that's a new one for fans who have different opinion emoji23.png

Out of all I said, that's what you picked up on?

From your years and years of experience I'm surmising you wouldn't rate Easton as one of the best to ever pull on a Clyde Jersey?

Or do you want to just reply to every post with your obligatory smiley face?

:lol:

Edited by AgentDaleCooper
spelling

cfcuk    851
Out of all I said, that's what you picked up on?
From your years and years of experience I'm surmising you wouldn't rate Easton as one of the best to ever pull on a Clyde Jersey?

Or do you want to just reply to every post with your obligatory smiley face?

Would say Easton is one of best players we have had for a number of years had he stayed fit along with lowden I think we would have made an impact in the league

As for the lack of loyalty well works both ways

Anyway he is gone and DGW is clearly our talisman and an even more important player