Arbroath vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total collapse after Doris' injury. Unfortunately looks like it could be long term, hope not.

Have to question the subs made. Why not put Hester on for Doris? Bobby didn't look fully fit. 

If Denholm had scored when through in the first half it might have changed things. Swankie played like he did before he left for Forfar. The defence was missing for all 4 goals and were lucky it wasn't 6 or 7 against.

Hopefully a wake up call, beating Ayr means nothing if we don't compete with teams like Albion Rovers. 

So far Swankie has proved to be a total waste of £8k+vat, he should have been taken off not Kader. Also it is now time for Gomes to be re-instated as Hutton flapped at the first 2 goals.

A point to ponder,Kerr was alledged to have applied for to be our manager but the appointment was given to Lumsden?

Shambolic performance after Doris went off injured hope it's not as bad as it looked cause we are gonna miss him big time,the team just went to sleep the first 2 goals and in the second half huge holes in the defence when chasing the game.Albion after they got in front took full advantage and should've had more.Work to do.

Btw could someone tell Swankie when the ball gets played in his direction to move toward the ball instead of running away from it.

Shambolic performance after Doris went off injured hope it's not as bad as it looked cause we are gonna miss him big time,the team just went to sleep the first 2 goals and in the second half huge holes in the defence when chasing the game.Albion after they got in front took full advantage and should've had more.Work to do.
Btw could someone tell Swankie when the ball gets played in his direction to move toward the ball instead of running away from it.

I don't think its good. Hopefully wrong but I've heard it's a cruciate...

That's the real pish thing from today. The results bad but there'll be plenty of highs and lows.

Think we've seen that we can be a very decent team this season and we've also seen that we're capable of shite like today.

Dunno what it is about Gayfield but we've had some really poor performances and results there for a good few seasons now. Need to turn it round at home.

1 minute ago, speedframe said:

Oh dear, seems the Gav
love-in's now over emoji16.png

Tbf i don't think anyone was particularly overjoyed about his return,was more hoping he'd make an impact than expecting him to but he might come good yet.

Ooft! I didn't see that coming.

We were really poor in the first half, yet went in 2-0 up after two goals from what were arguably the two worse players on the park at that point in Trouten and Fisher.

2nd half performance was much more like the football Kerr has up playing at our best and we missed a few sitters as well.

Man of the match was big Perry. He came with a dodgy reputation; he's been scary to watch a few times since we signed him; but today he was superb! Keep it up big fella!

Hope you are wrong cruciate is bad,,,,very bad.

I hear I am very very wrong and the news might be very very good considering how bad we've all thought it was. Wait and see though. May only be a few weeks.

The difference when he went off today really was something. Although I'm not sure if that's down to him just not being on or the players maybe letting it affect them a bit by feeling gutted.

Massive player for us anyway.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I hear I am very very wrong and the news might be very very good considering how bad we've all thought it was. Wait and see though. May only be a few weeks.

The difference when he went off today really was something. Although I'm not sure if that's down to him or the players maybe letting it affect them a bit by feeling gutted.

The players switched off after the 5 minute stoppage,Doris going off shouldn't affect the defence but they along with the rest of the team went AWOL for a couple of minutes after Doris got took off.In the second half defensively we just capitulated chasing the game.Hutton getting stick on here for the first two goals but the whole defence seemed culpable from what i saw,how many one on one's did he save in the second half.

Archived