Brechin v Bairns - Basement Battle

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Graeme Smith will be bitterly disappointed with that Falkirk goal - definitely an error on his part. Likewise Isaac should have buried his chance in stoppage time. Could have easily been 3 points but over the course of the 90 minutes I think a draw was just about fair.

Hugely encouraged by some of the performances so far - that's 3 matches now where we've more than matched our opposition and could have easily won a couple of them.

With the budget much the same last season our expectation was to simply be competitive in this league and see where it takes us - we are doing exactly that.

Big game next week which even at this early stage could have a huge bearing on the season ahead.

Gutted that we only drew TBH.  Another 5 mins and we would have won it as Falkirk were breathing out of their arses. Fin Graham just gets better and better. So comfortable on the ball and took his goal really well. Orsi and MacLennan worked really well together as well.  Can't wait till Jacko is fit again to play in behind these two.  
Getting thoroughly pissed off at the inconsistent refereeing in our matches though  and so it seems does Dods who was constantly shaking his head in disbelief .  Rules for some it seems in this league. 
Oh and Marshmallow we haven't had that kind of trolling since virginton was a lad. League 2 standard at best. 

Agree with that. Young lads up top done really well and Finn is prob one of the best on the ball, tries to get it down and keep it. We can play a bit.weve played our best stuff against teams that are either going for the league or shud be. Another good outings.well done

Austin's poor finishing is costing us a lot of points so far this season. If he was as clinical as he should be Saturday and the st mirren game on opening day wouldve been finished by half time. We really can't afford for him to continue missing so many one on ones.

5 hours ago, 'Steve said:

I think Graeme Smith will be bitterly disappointed with that Falkirk goal - definitely an error on his part. Likewise Isaac should have buried his chance in stoppage time. Could have easily been 3 points but over the course of the 90 minutes I think a draw was just about fair.

Hugely encouraged by some of the performances so far - that's 3 matches now where we've more than matched our opposition and could have easily won a couple of them.

With the budget much the same last season our expectation was to simply be competitive in this league and see where it takes us - we are doing exactly that.

Big game next week which even at this early stage could have a huge bearing on the season ahead.

Agreed I was honestly worried we would get seriously embarrassed this year but credit where it's due, the team is competing in most games now! We still have little points to show for our hard work which is a bit worrying!! But much better than I thought we were goin to fair after the qos result! I just hope we can maintain this, test next week as we are set up defensively for every game I think we really need to attack in this game, we won't tho 

Next week has got a bore fest written all over it, dumbarton results 

0-0 morton, 1-1 Falkirk ,1-0 qos, 0-4 Dunfermline, 2-1 nomads ,1-1 Dundee united 

they have scored 4 conceded 8 in 6 games

our results

4-1 qos ,2-2 Livingston ,1-0 Dundee united ,4-0 Inverness ,1-1 Falkirk 

we have scored 4 but conceded 12 in 5

both teams had equally hard starts and will see this as a must win game

i hope we can get a result it would be massive for us to at least get that monkey off our back, if I was a betting man tho I'd go for a 0-0 or a win either way by one goal! Probably not a pretty game either, 

20 hours ago, 'Steve said:

20 hours ago, slangs said:

Agree with that. Young lads up top done really well and Finn is prob one of the best on the ball, tries to get it down and keep it. We can play a bit.weve played our best stuff against teams that are either going for the league or shud be. Another good outings.well done

We must be watching a totally different game to the media darlings.  According to John Reilly in the Sun , after Orsi hit the bar it was like a training game for Falkirk.

I know Falkirk had a few chances but never did I think that they were as comfortably ahead as is being made out.  

Funnily enough , nothing being mentioned about the part time team being the fitter of the two at full time......Or the fact that a wee tactical change from Brechin at half time forced Falkirk to defend deeper and try to hit on the break.   I just  wish that reporters could sometimes report the games as they actually happen and not rely on one team's reputation as the basis of their reflections.  

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

According to John Reilly in the Sun , after Orsi hit the bar it was like a training game for Falkirk.

I assume what Reilly meant was that Falkirk were so slow, half-arsed and uninterested that it looked like a training game.  

whereas actually that's as good as we get at the moment. 

Not been mentioned yet but how good was Tom Taiwos tackle at the end of the game? Easily the highlight of the game for us imo.

Given that he was going on that the game should have been over by half time I seriously doubt that was his take on it at all. [emoji6]

Tbf we could've had the game wrapped up by half time. Both Austin and Harris missed great chances before half time. It certainly wouldn't have been deserved because we were rank but both really should've scored.

Funnily enough , nothing being mentioned about the part time team being the fitter of the two at full time......Or the fact that a wee tactical change from Brechin at half time forced Falkirk to defend deeper and try to hit on the break.   I just  wish that reporters could sometimes report the games as they actually happen and not rely on one team's reputation as the basis of their reflections.  

Was there a change in tactics from Brechin? Genuinely interested btw at the time I was only really interested in our disgusting performance to really notice much else.

I just assumed at half time Darren Dods realised just how dreadful we actually were and couldn't take the embarrassment of getting beat from such shite.

5 hours ago, Russ said:

Not been mentioned yet but how good was Tom Taiwos tackle at the end of the game? Easily the highlight of the game for us imo.

Tbf we could've had the game wrapped up by half time. Both Austin and Harris missed great chances before half time. It certainly wouldn't have been deserved because we were rank but both really should've scored.

Was there a change in tactics from Brechin? Genuinely interested btw at the time I was only really interested in our disgusting performance to really notice much else.

I just assumed at half time Darren Dods realised just how dreadful we actually were and couldn't take the embarrassment of getting beat from such shite.

Basically all he did was get us defending higher up the pitch as we were far too deep in the first half allowing Falkirk time on the ball. Second half we were in their faces more which forced them to try and punt long balls...........something that Houston couldn't understand and work out according to his after match comments.  Strange for such a reputable coach . :rolleyes:

Basically all he did was get us defending higher up the pitch as we were far too deep in the first half allowing Falkirk time on the ball. Second half we were in their faces more which forced them to try and punt long balls...........something that Houston couldn't understand and work out according to his after match comments.  Strange for such a reputable coach . :rolleyes:

Spot on. I don't normally listen to the waffling that comes from these coaches but did so because of the quotes and that absolute denial by Houston that we actually changed what we were doing and were the better team 2nd half

To be fair to Houston he should be an expert on Journeymen footballers, he has signed getting on for a couple of dozen for us and his very modest playing career was at the very best Journeyman standard.

I have never been able to understand the supposed legendary status he has with fans of my vintage.

Archived