Brechin v Bairns - Basement Battle

He's now pulling the "I didn't tell them to do that" shite. Completely lost the plot.

His interviews are boring, he will blame anyone or anything bar himself. No mention of his pish boring defensive team selections.

To be honest though the interviewer could put him under more pressure like why do you continue with Kerr and Taiwo in midfield when it clearly doesn't work.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Jackson still out is a blow.

Connor or Issac?

Other than that likely to be the same start as ICT.

Connor Mc everytime . Issac to be told " ISSAC SMASH " and be put on ten minutes from end to rumble them up a bit.

3 hours ago, terracingtam said:

A game of 2 halfs, Falkirk in command and Brechin trying to keep them out. Second half Falkirk lost confidence and Brechin realised this and raised their game. Draw a fair result.

Fair enough assessment of the afternoons preceedings . Did you not fancy Forfars game today Tam ?

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

He was left with kids, a few pros a 37 yr old crunchie, he didnt sign Myles and if you are suggesting the budgets were the same, im needing a hell of a lot more drink to convince me otherwise, we also only had Watson for one month whom altho was a horrible shape for a footballer was pretty effective yet we didnt have money to keep him. The two teams were opening games against Ayr

*** if I remember correctly, a sponsor was paying for Paul Wright for 3 months

Screenshot 2017-09-09 at 20.43.46.png

Screenshot 2017-09-09 at 20.44.40.png

I know its amazing what you can do with decent contacts although we were lucky a load of them were on peanuts at Airdrie before we signed them or we'd probably never have been able to afford them. You've got to hand it to McCall back then he managed the same players at clydebank and Airdrie who had even smaller budgets than us.

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

C

That was at half time ya joke.

Pitch is in relatively good nick at the moment. And all the Falkirk fans moaning about their awful second half performance - City are traditionally underwhelming in the first half at home and then (if we're not too far behind already) put in a performance down the hill in the 2nd half. Something Dods maybe needs to take a closer look at, but that's another story.

having said that, I had the kids with me today and as a result didn't check the team sheets before kick off. Quite surprised at half time, even 1 down, to read a few household names (sic) on the Falkirk team who'd been thoroughly anonymous  in the first half against our team of junior cloggers, score notwithstanding. Loy?? Sibbald carried a threat when he came on. I didn't actually think Kerr was that bad

from our side, maybe we just need a bit more self belief. We probably got what we deserved. Not a bad performance at all but we need a couple of wins quickly and that was maybe a chance missed, tho it could have gone either way. 

Dale & Finn were good; Orsi continues to look lively. McGeever was a fair shout for motm. Connor McLennan will have more to offer, based on his last spell. Onwards and hopefully upwards

Gutted that we only drew TBH.  Another 5 mins and we would have won it as Falkirk were breathing out of their arses. Fin Graham just gets better and better. So comfortable on the ball and took his goal really well. Orsi and MacLennan worked really well together as well.  Can't wait till Jacko is fit again to play in behind these two.  

Getting thoroughly pissed off at the inconsistent refereeing in our matches though  and so it seems does Dods who was constantly shaking his head in disbelief .  Rules for some it seems in this league. 

Oh and Marshmallow we haven't had that kind of trolling since virginton was a lad. League 2 standard at best. 

Not quite. We still had the likes of crunchie playing and cash was pished on the likes of Lee mair, Lee wilkie, paul wright , neil murray and steven watson. All who failed miserably. Plus we were still paying our backup goalie myles hogarth a ridiculous wage. McCalls budget the next season wasn't much different he just spent it better and got decent players to sign for less money than they probably could've got elsewhere.

Utter rubbish, that season Totten was starved by the same people who hold the purse strings now.

Don't get me wrong Houston has not been starved like Totten was however they have managed to piss away a position on financial strength in two seasons. They could not run a bath. No feel for the game or the fans ambitions, just a jolly as long as they get no hassle and don't have to put a penny in.

You only need look at the photo in the Herald in Sligo with Ritchie looking three sheets to the wind on Guinness and Lex Miller standing with no one speaking to him to know the score.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Utter rubbish, that season Totten was starved by the same people who hold the purse strings now.

Don't get me wrong Houston has not been starved like Totten was however they have managed to piss away a position on financial strength in two seasons. They could not run a bath. No feel for the game or the fans ambitions, just a jolly as long as they get no hassle and don't have to put a penny in.

You only need look at the photo in the Herald in Sligo with Ritchie looking three sheets to the wind on Guinness and Lex Miller standing with no one speaking to him to know the score.

So why would they suddenly give the next manager a war chest to spend on players having done nothing as we got relegated? Surely that doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not saying that totten didn't have a tight budget I'm saying that McCall had a very similar budget and did a lot better with it. Totten should've stepped down that season to save his dignity especially if he felt he was being shafted over the budget.

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Chants mean hee haw to our bod. The only way to get a change is to stop going especially if you patg. Only a lack of revenue coming in will force them to do something.

That may be true, but I remember the 'Eddie, get tae f**k' chants on a Tuesday night against Kilmarnock and him leaving not long after. Worth a try after Utds 5th goes in next week no ?

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

That may be true, but I remember the 'Eddie, get tae f**k' chants on a Tuesday night against Kilmarnock and him leaving not long after. Worth a try after Utds 5th goes in next week no ?

That wasn't the bod that was may resigning though. When was the last time we sacked a manager? Houston may take the hint and decide times up but I can't see the bod taking action.any time soon.

I think we need to try something and if the chants don't work we need to stay away. Breaks my heart doing it but the only thing that will put the fear into the likes of Ritchie, Miller etc is empty stands as make no mistake loss of income is something they do understand.

Archived