Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

According to the Daily record we have 7 out for Saturday, Docherty, Boyle, Adams and Moore are out. Crawford, Geggan and someone else are doubtful.

So only 4 supposedly definitely out then....

I would bet that the 3 doubtful all play along with probably 1 or 2 of the players 'out'.

Looking forward to Saturday night when Ayr inevitably pull a win despite having half their squad decapitated, and their fans posting about how proud they are of their team for their win against the odds. 

Falkirk and Cowdenbeath are the worst teams for this, but I guess Ayr can fill the void for this season. 

Looking forward to Saturday night when Ayr inevitably pull a win despite having half their squad decapitated, and their fans posting about how proud they are of their team for their win against the odds. 
Falkirk and Cowdenbeath are the worst teams for this, but I guess Ayr can fill the void for this season. 

We'll milk it a bit but then use the fact that we had so many injuries as to why we didn't win the league

Just had conformation from the club that Ayr fans will be in the McDermaid stand behind the goals and that if (and you are all very welcome :)) wanting to stop in for a drink in the Raith Suite before the game (12:30-3pm last orders around 2:40) you can buy a ticket at the Main office (located at the corner of the main stand) and simply show this to get into the main stand where the bar is. You can then leave the stand whenever you like and head to the away end. Hope to see a good few of you on Saturday :thumsup2

I thought it would probably take until Christmas to overtake Ayr, but they seem to have bottled it earlier than usual.

Callachan is a big loss for us. He brought energy and drive to our midfield. Hopefully the new signings and Matthews can continue the good work in midfield.

If Geggan is fit he'll be a danger. Who else plays for Ayr? I see Harkins the monkey man left for Morton. Who are their forwards this season?

I thought it would probably take until Christmas to overtake Ayr, but they seem to have bottled it earlier than usual.

Callachan is a big loss for us. He brought energy and drive to our midfield. Hopefully the new signings and Matthews can continue the good work in midfield.

If Geggan is fit he'll be a danger. Who else plays for Ayr? I see Harkins the monkey man left for Morton. Who are their forwards this season?

Moore (injured) & Moffat.

McDaid might play upfront in a pinch.

Think it's interesting to note that neither Waite nor Faulds were involved for the 20s last night. I'd have a change of formation for Saturday. Either:

Hart

Waite Reid Higgins Ferguson

Rose Crawford Geggan 

McDaid McGuffie

Moffat

Or:

Hart

Reid Rose Higgins

Waite Faulds Crawford Geggan Ferguson

Moffat McDaid

Think it's interesting to note that neither Waite nor Faulds were involved for the 20s last night. I'd have a change of formation for Saturday. Either:
Hart
Waite Reid Higgins Ferguson
Rose Crawford Geggan 
McDaid McGuffie
Moffat
Or:
Hart
Reid Rose Higgins
Waite Faulds Crawford Geggan Ferguson
Moffat McDaid

The top one or McGuffie/McDaid in behind Moffat with Crawford wide.

Not sure what to expect here, both teams won't want to lose the game as these meetings between Rovers and Ayr should go a long way to deciding the league. Will Ayr sit in an play for a point or will they roll the dice and try and sucker punch us in our own back yard.

This will undoubtedly be our biggest test of the season so far and is a pressure game for both teams. We look good up front with Vaughan, Spence, Buchanan and Barr chipping in goals while the back seems weaker although they've done well so far. Losing our captain was a blow but allowed us to bring in two players. First goal in this one could be crucial as Ayr will undoubtedly be harder to break down than any of the others we faced in the league. Going to go 2-1 Rovers with Vaughan and Buchanan for the Rovers and Moffat for Ayr. We need to be winning our home games if we want to win the league. 3 points here would give us a nice cushion against Ayr.

1 hour ago, P.C said:

We stopped falling for that after we pulled off that result at Aberdeen..

Definitely in my top two away days ever. Rangers at Easter Road was grand, but we'd not pulled off a major cup upset in years before that game, and we had a defence consisting of a 33 year old, a flu ridden Craig Wilson, a centre midfielder and a left winger.  

Despite that we still won. Walker ripping Ifil to lay it off to Tade was hilarious. As was seeing one of their fans who'd been ripping the piss out of our fans when Smith hit the post, punt the seat in front of her which then smashed in half. 

Archived