Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

This whole Ayr were amazing chat is very cringe. The highlights don't show us creating that much.

You had a lot of possession and didn't deserve to lose the game however I think some of your fans are getting carried away with these so called sitters as I didn't see any? Most shots were efforts from outside the box which the goalie comfortably saved like wise we had as equally good chances.

As for the sending off more is being made of the second booking for Higgins than the potential leg breaker with the  first challenge on Spence which was a straight red we had a better view from the south stand than from the camera highlights. Also the second was a foul but maybe a tad severe for a booking however he should have walked for the first tackle and it was a clumsy second foul anyway 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Was strange to hear Mccall say that as his proudest moment with Ayr.

If playing some decent football, creating not very much and having a dreadful back line and goalkeeper is his proudest moment then that's absolutely bizarre. Ayr played some really lovely passing football, but it really didn't lead to much.

Also for as much as we were second best first half, we had about as much good chances as Ayr. Ayr held on to the ball much better but I think how well they played is being overstated a bit.

I'd put the inability of Ayr to score down to some really good Rovers defending. Not much glaring misses at all. Defend like we did in the 2nd half all season we will be absolutely fine. Tricky one without Benedictus.

It is only overstated if you didnt factor in our injury situation that appeared out of the blue. Before the game i was expecting a bad defeat and one sided match. A very decent performance from us all things considered and whilst going home with zero points some positives were noted. 

If Bobby Barr could have finished that good run with a goal, we'd have been home and hosed. Agonisingly slipped just past the post.

Not sure what we do about Bene being out. Hopefully Murray or McKay can step up and make a claim. I never thought I'd say this, but we need McHattie in the side too. Also need Robertson back in the middle. Robertson and Callachan have been the engine room. One of the missing is bad. Two of them and the engine stops.

Looked like we suffered from final ball syndrome again which is disappointing. Neither keeper looked very clever with ours obviously having more of an impact on the result sadly.
Sending off was never a foul but I might have been wanting a red for the first booking so swings & roundabouts I guess.
Also, just me that doesn't think it's a foul for the free kick Raith scored from?

I thought that moving Thomson into the middle and putting Matthews at right back would have been the right decision but we won so ultimately Smith got it right. A lot has been said about missing Callachan but Robertson dropping into defence probably had as big an impact. I'm looking forward to seeing Robertson and Herron playing together.

As for Ayr, they looked a handy side going forward and it's not hard to see why they've scored so many goals. They'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Shankland, Moffat and Hart must've been feeling a bit stupid last night though.

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought that moving Thomson into the middle and putting Matthews at right back would have been the right decision but we won so ultimately Smith got it right. A lot has been said about missing Callachan but Robertson dropping into defence probably had as big an impact. I'm looking forward to seeing Robertson and Herron playing together.

As for Ayr, they looked a handy side going forward and it's not hard to see why they've scored so many goals. They'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Shankland, Moffat and Hart must've been feeling a bit stupid last night though.

Particularly given there didn't seem to be any reason for it. Maybe they'd had a few bits of stick from folk at the front, but you'll see far worse. Moffat was in particularly amusing given that he managed absolutely hee-haw against us. 

Thought Herron struggled yesterday. Gave the ball away and didn't really make any tackles or interceptions. He does seem technically competent so he should improve as he gets match fit. Him and Matthews were also playing on top of one another at points, hopefully it'll come as they get some game time together. Matthews himself was quiet, along with Spence and Buchanan. Still a little unimpressed with Spence especially.

11 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Did the pars not have a game today?

They did. In the Championship. Remember that league?

11 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You don't need to imagine, it isn't any worse than the year you finished 7th in that league, or the other 2 years that you spent in that league.

One year in which we romped to the title and the other where we would have won the league but for Rangers.

Refusing to believe anyone thought Ayr were amazing. There were so many chances for them to get a shot in on goal but the forwards kept shirking responsibility. Rovers defence was excellent though, put their bodies on the line time and time again.

Wee team are not doing anything particularly special but it should be more than enough to win this league easy. Of course, they should never have been here in the first place though.

Decent crowd in, first half was beyond atrocious, Ayr keeper is the ultimate haggis hands, Vaughan has a right swagger about him these days (I'm sure bambino had a right stiffy) Ayr missed loads of good openings and could have won the game, can only imagine how shite the rest of League 1 is if these are the two best sides.
Shout out to the guy at half time warning fans they'll be jailed if found filming the game on Periscope. Also, the 'House' theme music is a belter.

Do your pals know you keep coming to watch the Rovers?

22 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yet you were at Stark's watching the Rovers. Greenock too far away for you to go on your own? What a truly pathetic Pars supporter you are. Your team is top of the league playing the best they have for years but you would rather go to Kirkcaldy to watch the Rovers :lol::lol:

Yet you were at Stark's watching the Rovers. Greenock too far away for you to go on your own? What a truly pathetic Pars supporter you are. Your team is top of the league playing the best they have for years but you would rather go to Kirkcaldy to watch the Rovers :lol::lol:

To be fair, if given the choice between Starks or Cappielow, I'd hope the majority of football fans in Scotland would pick Starks.

No idea why folk would rip into someone for taking an interest in a game outwith their own team. Not everyone will trail all the way along the M8 to watch a game in a shitehole of a ground. Couldn't care less if a few Pars fans showed up each week. I certainly know a few Rovers fans who've taken in games of the Pars, Cowden or East Fife if we've been playing away. But yeah, I'd far rather we had more people come to our games than sit at home watching streams or waiting for the 5pm kickoff between Stoke and Man United. Not enough people get to games as it is (although in Scotland we have the higher percentage of population turning out to games) so I don't think folk should be bothered. 

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

You had a lot of possession and didn't deserve to lose the game however I think some of your fans are getting carried away with these so called sitters as I didn't see any? Most shots were efforts from outside the box which the goalie comfortably saved like wise we had as equally good chances.

As for the sending off more is being made of the second booking for Higgins than the potential leg breaker with the  first challenge on Spence which was a straight red we had a better view from the south stand than from the camera highlights. Also the second was a foul but maybe a tad severe for a booking however he should have walked for the first tackle and it was a clumsy second foul anyway 

They actually had less possession than ourselves

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

One year in which we romped to the title and the other where we would have won the league but for Rangers.

Refusing to believe anyone thought Ayr were amazing. There were so many chances for them to get a shot in on goal but the forwards kept shirking responsibility. Rovers defence was excellent though, put their bodies on the line time and time again.

Wee team are not doing anything particularly special but it should be more than enough to win this league easy. Of course, they should never have been here in the first place though.

Oh aye, Raith obsessed Billy no' mates fae Halbeath is back.....again!!

He must have a season ticket for Stark's?

Oh, BTW how did the Fudds do yesterday, just askin', no' really interested, 

Oh aye, Raith obsessed Billy no' mates fae Halbeath is back.....again!!
He must have a season ticket for Stark's?
Oh, BTW how did the Fudds do yesterday, just askin', no' really interested, 

If the guy wants to come and watch us when he's not at a Pars match what's the problem. Considering there were a few ex Pars players involved, it was first v second and Pars were in Greenock you can see why he might have fancied coming along.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If the guy wants to come and watch us when he's not at a Pars match what's the problem. Considering there were a few ex Pars players involved, it was first v second and Pars were in Greenock you can see why he might have fancied coming along.

You understand irony?  Sheesh! It was banter  man.

Archived