Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

Not a huge amount of sitters there, more down to really good defending.  It's part of the game and we did it well, happy for Ayr to have plenty nice possession if we defend like that. Looked like stonewaller of a pen shout too. 

Red card was the right call, it was a foul but the dive from Zanatta was daft. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Not a huge amount of sitters there, more down to really good defending.  It's part of the game and we did it well, happy for Ayr to have plenty nice possession if we defend like that. Looked like stonewaller of a pen shout too. 

Red end card was the right call, it was a foul but the dive from Zanatta was daft. 

Said this to my mate at the game actually. During the final 10 minutes or so Ayr had a load of possession outside the box where they kept passing it sidewards but never actually doing anything. Considering we had a midfielder at centre back along with a player like Davo who isn't the most assured, Ayr never had anything where you thought "That should've been a goal". 

I'd say we were closer to adding a third with Vaughan's two first half chances, and Barr coming very close in the second half too. Even for an off day, we got two goals. If all our off-days are like that we'll do well this season. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

I doubt very much that his synapses work in a fashion that allow this to happen.

Don't spoil it zen.  He is a Hearts meeter and greeter now as Lewis becomes the Scottish Jermaine Defoe. 

4 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Don't spoil it zen.  He is a Hearts meeter and greeter now as Lewis becomes the Scottish Jermaine Defoe. 

You could punch Locke in the guts and he wouldn't flinch, in fact, in respect of his new job, he could step off from a window ledge and he would fall upwards.

29 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Higgins second yellow could be looked upon as fortuitous for us, however, just because he couldn't stay on his feet is no excuse for bringing down Zanatta.

:lol: Barr's reaction to it is fantastic. He runs over, has a laugh at Higgins who lost the plot and tried to goad him earlier, before giving a wee thumbs up to the linesman. 

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

You could punch Locke in the guts and he wouldn't flinch, in fact, in respect of his new job, he could step off from a window ledge and he would fall upwards.

He's certainly the golden child. 

Said this to my mate at the game actually. During the final 10 minutes or so Ayr had a load of possession outside the box where they kept passing it sidewards but never actually doing anything. Considering we had a midfielder at centre back along with a player like Davo who isn't the most assured, Ayr never had anything where you thought "That should've been a goal". 
I'd say we were closer to adding a third with Vaughan's two first half chances, and Barr coming very close in the second half too. Even for an off day, we got two goals. If all our off-days are like that we'll do well this season. 

We've got form for the old "pass it sideward but not actually do anything'

We play with Robertson and Davidson at cb. Yet create more chances, score more goals and win the game 2-1 yet you still get Ayr fans moaning? Zannata went down slowly but there was contact and it was a foul.

I'd take mcguffie when we go up for next season but you can keep the rest of that mob.

We play with Robertson and Davidson at cb. Yet create more chances, score more goals and win the game 2-1 yet you still get Ayr fans moaning? Zannata went down slowly but there was contact and it was a foul.

I'd take mcguffie when we go up for next season but you can keep the rest of that mob.

That's quite harsh considering we out played you. Think it might be a different story when yous come down to Somerset. P.S were keeping McGuffie. P.S.S don't bring your supposed 'casuals' as they are an utter embarrassment plus they canny fight

4 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

That's quite harsh considering we out played you. Think it might be a different story when yous come down to Somerset. P.S were keeping McGuffie. P.S.S don't bring your supposed 'casuals' as they after an utter embarrassment plus they canny fight

Image result for hods hand to ear gif

That's quite harsh considering we out played you. Think it might be a different story when yous come down to Somerset. P.S were keeping McGuffie. P.S.S don't bring your supposed 'casuals' as they are an utter embarrassment plus they canny fight

:lol:

I honestly don't know which part of that post is the best part :lol:

58 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

:lol:

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Kirkcaldy :lol:

I can see why Ayr supporters hate the Rovers. 
We constantly do them over in what must be frustrating style for them. If we're not relegating them, we're beating them to promotion.
Last minute winners, equalisers etc. 
It's verging on bullying. 

I was beelin when you guys got relegated for specifically this reason.

Highlights showed we need to rediscover how to actually put the ball in the net...it's not like we didn't create chances.
That, and stop basically chucking the ball into our own net like that Nigerian goalie in the friendly vs Scotland at Craven Cottage.

My observations from the game. Ayr have probably the worse keeper in the league, their entire team know how to foul, should have been straight red for the high challenge on Barr. Vaughan also proved he is the best player in this league. 

8 hours ago, eez-eh said:

See my avatar.

Ayr is as close to Glasgow as Kirkcaldy is to Dundee. No surprise to see a thick Fifer struggling with geography.

....and you are nearer Killie, etc,etc.

Still...............................the main thing is you boys from Ayr are not upset, 

5 hours ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

You outplayed a team with only one of its first choice in defence, on its 3rd choice emergency signing keeper and had recently sold their captain. 

Also *P.P.S. ;)

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just me who thought Zanatta dived to get the Ayr boy sent off? Looked like he felt the contact, took two steps then fell over. Ayr player should've been given a straight red before hand for his tackle on Spence, not that it's relevant.

Panetta went down late but the foul had already been committed. He was pulled back and had his heels clipped. The pull back was worth a yellow whether he went down or not.

Archived