Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

See my avatar.

Ayr is as close to Glasgow as Kirkcaldy is to Dundee. No surprise to see a thick Fifer struggling with geography.

Still hurting  i see  i take it u were the greeting face twat running down pratt st shouting its no fair!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played most of the game with robo and davo at cb. We still in the end never looked in danger of losing that game once we scored Imo.

Smith fills me with absolutely no confidence and I really do think we'd be better giving Brian the experience. Smith is making mistakes the same as he would but at least mistakes by Brian will make him a better keeper'

We played most of the game with robo and davo at cb. We still in the end never looked in danger of losing that game once we scored Imo.

Smith fills me with absolutely no confidence and I really do think we'd be better giving Brian the experience. Smith is making mistakes the same as he would but at least mistakes by Brian will make him a better keeper'

Never in danger of losing? We missed a load of sitters in the second half and if we had been more clinical in front of goal would have taken something from the game.

Thought Ayr were pretty robust, but then I think that was their tactic to break up our game and for the most part it worked. The only real shocker for me was the hatchet job on Spence late on. 

As others have said Dave was superb. Would have made a fair MOM. 

The dreadfulness of the Ayr keeper masks how ropey our own keeper was at points in the game. Hate to say it but doesn't inspire confidence. 

There's no way the league is won. Ayr competed well today, broke up our flow and with a better keeper would have taken something from the game. They will challenge us for the title. Great to get a wee lead already though. 

If Bene is out that's a terrible blow 

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Never in danger of losing? We missed a load of sitters in the second half and if we had been more clinical in front of goal would have taken something from the game.

If you'd signed a proper keeper you might have taken something from the game.

where is Stevo ?

42 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Lewis deserves a big 'Easter Island' heid type statue down the Prom.

@Bambino7 get rattling the cans for donations.

Every goal he scores Locke must rage. That makes me extremely happy and I suspect the Vaughan family too :lol: new contract with a clause that he can sign for hibernian is the dream. 

Just now, Bambino7 said:

Every goal he scores Locke must rage. That makes me extremely happy and I suspect the Vaughan family too :lol: new contract with a clause that he can sign for hibernian is the dream. 

I doubt very much that his synapses work in a fashion that allow this to happen.

Decent crowd in, first half was beyond atrocious, Ayr keeper is the ultimate haggis hands, Vaughan has a right swagger about him these days (I'm sure bambino had a right stiffy) Ayr missed loads of good openings and could have won the game, can only imagine how shite the rest of League 1 is if these are the two best sides.

Shout out to the guy at half time warning fans they'll be jailed if found filming the game on Periscope. Also, the 'House' theme music is a belter.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Decent crowd in, first half was beyond atrocious, Ayr keeper is the ultimate haggis hands, Vaughan has a right swagger about him these days (I'm sure bambino had a right stiffy) Ayr missed loads of good openings and could have won the game, can only imagine how shite the rest of League 1 is if these are the two best sides.

Shout out to the guy at half time warning fans they'll be jailed if found filming the game on Periscope. Also, the 'House' theme music is a belter.

Did the pars not have a game today?

58 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We've only won 4 out of our last 16 games against Ayr. Despite that, we generally finish above them.

That's a pretty incredible statistic. Crazier still to think one of those was with Locke in charge, and another with Hughes in charge. 

Even looking back since we were last in this league, we've had a lot of great times. Aside from beating them to the title, we've made a Scottish Cup Semi final, Won the Challenge Cup against Rangers, came second in the Championship under McGlynn, and made the playoffs under McKinnon. 

Looking at the highlights, if Vaughan's first shot had gone in then it would've been goal of the season. Incredible it even came close. Clear hand ball from number 8 in the first half for Ayr. Vaughan meritted his booking which was a bit daft. Ayr's keeper did awful with the second goal. Higgins is an utter c**t who should've gone for the tackle on Spence, then goading Barr. A few years back Barr might've reacted to that, but he's got a bit more experience and just got on with things. Zanatta's dive was poor form but what goes around comes around. I'm sure we'll have similar to moan at later in the season. 

Also, Buchanan's hold up play for the second was superb. A quick look up, sees Thomson running on and hits a perfect pass to him as he gets to the edge of the box. 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I must have been in the pisser when you missed a load of sitters

Archived