Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Talking of things being handed in, I handed a Rovers scarf that I found at the bottom of the steps on Pratt st into the office. 

Ayr were no' bad today when they were trying to play. The jobby had obviously sent them out to rough our more technically gifted players up a bit though which was to the detriment of a decent looking side I thought. 

That's their problem though. I'm fair enjoying watching this, at times, swashbuckling Rovers side

We are the Arr Arr F C

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always enjoy opposition players giving it big licks before being routinely put in their place come full time. For that reason, roond ye's.

Something that I've never understood goal scorers doing. Especially playing in the diddy heights of Scottish League 1. There's almost no way it won't come back to bite you, be it in that game or at a later date.

52 minutes ago, lellywong said:

Thought we let Ayr boss the first half, Shankland and his celebrations - utter buffoon - hope he enjoyed Vaughan's free kick and Thomsons goal in the second half.  Some of the tackles flying in from Ayr players were absolutely brutal, how only one of their players saw red I'll never know:wacko: 

Yeah, brutal team. :shutup

Still they will pick up a few more reds yet, bound to kill off any thoughts they have of promotion.

Shame really for their fans.

Delighted with that result. For all people are chatting about Ayr's injury problems, we're still missing our first and second choice keepers, our left back and now Benedictus could be out for a long time. There's still just over 30 games to go, but it's a good start from ourselves, especially Vaughan who almost got a couple and spent more time in midfield and defence. It all doesn't mean much when you look at Alloa's start to last season and how they tailed off. Certainly we've got a cracking front three where you're pretty much guaranteed at least one will cause problems. 

Special mention to Davo, who I've been a massive critic of. He was fantastic today and formed a makeshift (and at times unconvincing) partnership with Robertson at the back. Bobby Barr also caused a lot of problems for them too. 

Also, utterly superb to get it up the likes of Shankland, Geggan and Moffat with their antics after the goal. Telt. Some of the tackles towards the end were ridiculous. It was unsuprising to see at least one sending off from their players. Was a bit worried Barr, Davo and Herron were going to react, but they kept their cool. 

1st half I thought Ayr dominated and deserved to be ahead.  2nd half was more even and we got a bit of luck with the goals but they all count.  

Ayr were quite "robust" with their challenges, but that turned to indiscipline in the 2nd half.  They are a tidy side but acting like a bunch of cloggers won't do much for them. Also think we kept them at bay pretty well in the 2nd half, and whilst they had some really nice passages of play we did well to keep them out. 

At the back though they are honking. Not hard to see how they have lost against Arbroath and Montrose.  

Thought we did well the back considering and Davo was superb. Will need to do something about the Bene situation though, absolutely massive loss for us. 

Nothing won yet at all, but it's not a bad place to be.  Still unbeaten and Vaughan scoring for fun.

Hilarious to see Ayr fans running down the fron for a non existent pen, and there were some absolute seething messes walking about after the game. Also a bit misguided for the Ayr players to be goading fans 40 mins into the game. 

We we will miss Callachan badly. I'm not one of the "get it forward " brigade but we missed him driving the ball forwards today. 

Archived