Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers not at there best today but maybe to do with Ayr being a decent outfit, also think they came to un settle us with some hammer throwing tactics at times, 

Ayr Keeper utter carbadge and I don't think Smith had a good game either, special mention to Davo I thought he had a really good game the day unlike his normal self but I'll take that result any day of the week not at our best yet still take the 3 points

Zanatta looked useful. Not too sure about Herron though.

Are you high? Zanatta looked awful. He looked unfit especially for someone who only played 30mins. I'm sure he's a fine player but he was terrible.

As for Herron, what he lacks in mobility he makes up for in composure. Some tidy passes and im sure he'll get better with games.

38 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Davo was outstanding 

Not often we can say that but a pleasant change.

On 04/09/2017 at 22:15, AUFC 1910 said:

If we get an early goal we can be rampant, as per our early form.

If not we can toil a bit, as per our recent performances.

All depends if McCall will let them off the leash from the off.

No wonder he keeps them on a leash, some of them are fxxkin' animals.

55 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

My three favourite things today...

The Rovers' win

The Morton comeback

Probably my favourite, the JT twitter video for scoring (I don't know how to but could someone put it up on here?) pure class!

Thanks to the person who managed to hand in my wallet after the game. Greatly appreciated.
What isn't greatly appreciated was the theft of £20 that was in it. 

Aw was that yours m8

Cheers, that'll buy me a few pints tonight. Not much to celebrate mind you

Notice some  Ayr casuals fighting at the old bus garage after the game well some old codgers in there Stone island Sh@@e fighting a couple of young hing outs from the links embarrassing. 

No 3 wee ugly raith casuals were trying 2 take on two busses full of ayr fans .one of the tramps punched an old guy .pwappa naughty [emoji109]

You disagree? 

Yes

Honestly don't know who'll win the league as both teams have got issues that mean there's not one out and out better team. Raith clearly miss Callachan as they struggled to control the midfield and with Benedictus out there defence has little to no cover.

We've got our 3rd striker but our defence hasn't been great this season. A centre half wouldn't go a miss as Reid has been uninspiring so far this season.

Our performance today was good I thought apart from the goalkeeping and as I said we'll play a lot worse and win.

Raith will go on to win this league by 15-20 points.
Congrats boys. 

Can't see it. We've lost Callachan to Hearts and he is a big miss. You could see early on in that match that we miss having an actual left back in McHattie and when Bene went off and Robertson had to fall back into defence we died a bit. If we get a couple more injuries we'll really struggle.

That said, today was a good hard fought win for us against our main rival for the league. Well done to the team.

Thought we let Ayr boss the first half, Shankland and his celebrations - utter buffoon - hope he enjoyed Vaughan's free kick and Thomsons goal in the second half.  Some of the tackles flying in from Ayr players were absolutely brutal, how only one of their players saw red I'll never know:wacko: 

Talking of things being handed in, I handed a Rovers scarf that I found at the bottom of the steps on Pratt st into the office. 

Ayr were no' bad today when they were trying to play. The jobby had obviously sent them out to rough our more technically gifted players up a bit though which was to the detriment of a decent looking side I thought. 

That's their problem though. I'm fair enjoying watching this, at times, swashbuckling Rovers side. 

Archived