Hearts Rugby Club v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Hearts don't have any wingers so Considine will be alright at full-back. I think we'll need Shinnie's bite in midfield.

The new boy Milinkovic will start on the wing I think. Who knows if he's any good like.

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Attributing it more to your new manager as opposed to current squad to be fair.

Maybe he's had them in the gym all week.

11 hours ago, velo army said:

Looking at this pic reinforces my feeling that we should flatten Hampden and just play internationals at Murrayfield. Fans right beside the pitch, no seats with a terrible view. Perfect.

lol wut

8 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

I do expect Hearts to give us a proper game, be interesting to see how Levin sets up. His long ball to that cheating northern irish numpty they have, and hack us us to death no doubt. Be keen to see Arnason start, he is surly fit since he started for Iceland the other day. If not then god knows. But Hearts wont cope with our attack and we will take the 3 points. 

BUT LEVEIN DOESN'T ACTUALLY PLAY ANY STRIKERS IN CASE YOU FORGOT MATE.

3 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Hearts don't have any wingers so Considine will be alright at full-back. I think we'll need Shinnie's bite in midfield.

Think you'll find we have the new Bosnian Bullet, from Serbia, m8.

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

Maybe he's had them in the gym all week.

lol wut

BUT LEVEIN DOESN'T ACTUALLY PLAY ANY STRIKERS IN CASE YOU FORGOT MATE.

Think you'll find we have the new Bosnian Bullet, from Serbia, m8.

Serbian Shuttle.

The normal Rugby pitch layout at Murrayfield for internationals is 134 metres although they can configure it to 144 or 120

For an Association football match they can't go longer than 110

Surely the pitch could be made more central though? From that picture, it looks like one stand is just inches away from the pitch, and the opposite is several metres away.

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

Surely the pitch could be made more central though? From that picture, it looks like one stand is just inches away from the pitch, and the opposite is several metres away.

I think the "grass" nearest the camera isn't actual grass it's artificial. which provides a warm up area.

Previously there was an athletics sprint surface on it. This picture must be from one of our earlier matches on it

PICT0071.jpg

Photos AFC have put up:

6c43b1bdc3233671cdf804c14f89149f.jpg

Keep the away fans far away from the pitch I see, whilst the home fans are up close. Charging Hearts fans £10 a ticket and us £29. Happy to see the Dons in a new stadium but it looks like it may well be a shite place to watch football for the away fans.

8 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Photos AFC have put up:

6c43b1bdc3233671cdf804c14f89149f.jpg

Keep the away fans far away from the pitch I see, whilst the home fans are up close. Charging Hearts fans £10 a ticket and us £29. Happy to see the Dons in a new stadium but it looks like it may well be a shite place to watch football for the away fans.

The big gap to pitch appears to be on one side only.  Have they the common sense to make sure they sold tickets to other side that will allow for better view?

The big gap to pitch appears to be on one side only.  Have they the common sense to make sure they sold tickets to other side that will allow for better view?

It's almost certainly a tactic to dampen the enthusiasm of away fans. New stadium, same old Hearts.

5 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's almost certainly a tactic to dampen the enthusiasm of away fans. New stadium, same old Hearts.

If you study the picture, the stands that you can see will get best view, they should have only sold tickets for them stands.  Other stands are miles away with big gaps you get at Hampdump.

DJMTVgtW0AAlp3u.jpg

42 minutes ago, steve55 said:

If you study the picture, the stands that you can see will get best view, they should have only sold tickets for them stands.  Other stands are miles away with big gaps you get at Hampdump.

DJMTVgtW0AAlp3u.jpg

Am I correct in saying the Dandies are in the stand to the left?

The photo taken from the corner is distorted by perspective. The one from the half-way line shows that, lengthways at least, the pitch is central. Which makes sense because you'd expect the half-way line to line up with things like the camera gantry.

The distance from the main stand is obviously constrained by where the real grass actually starts. 

Given that it's a stadium designed for rugby I don't think they've done too bad a job to be honest. 

Archived