Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

Dunfermline are fucking shite aren't they?

Well no not really. I think they have a good squad and next week will be a good test of where they are in the pecking order. I think a win for them or the skunks might establish an early season favourite since Dundee Utd are still gash. 

We got away with that yesterday. We can't keep being so bad for 45 minutes every week and expect to pick up many points. 

Love to see the "loads of chances" and could have scored "loads more" in the first half that Johnston and Higginbotham are talking about....feckin deluded!

You created very very little over the whole 90 minutes as the highlights show!

We never played that well over the piece and still scored 3, missed 2 absolute sitters and had plenty shots on goal.

Johnston has always struck me as a bit of a bellend in his after match comments.

Ooft, whilst the should of scored loads more is an exaggeration that is no more than the tendency to by all in football to describe every half chance as 'should have been a goal'

There was no doubt after the 2nd the rest of the 1st half was us looking to grab the 3rd an wrap the game up, we didn't do that and the 2nd half speaks for itself.

1 hour ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Never a penalty. I watched those thinking, "need to see what we're up against next week, a team that can go to crappilow and take a two goal lead must be good," But other than a poor pass back and dodgy penalty Dung had nothing. Well done to my wee team.

PS quite impressed by the new slimline Harkins

Two out of three goals looked preventable to say the least. Morris is capable of being MOTM then do something like that, don't want to be too critical but yesterday did back up a little of what I've been saying. It's just something he does and if he plays very well for three games and then does that I can accept it at this level. It's a real shame to be two up and throw it away by giving the momentum to the other side needlessly.

We will bounce back next week, we are a good side.

56 minutes ago, madton said:

Love to see the "loads of chances" and could have scored "loads more" in the first half that Johnston and Higginbotham are talking about....feckin deluded!

You created very very little over the whole 90 minutes as the highlights show!

We never played that well over the piece and still scored 3, missed 2 absolute sitters and had plenty shots on goal.

Johnston has always struck me as a bit of a bellend in his after match comments.

He's always very positive and never criticises too much, it's just a media side I'm sure he's more honest to the players behind the scenes.

Never a penalty. I watched those thinking, "need to see what we're up against next week, a team that can go to crappilow and take a two goal lead must be good," But other than a poor pass back and dodgy penalty Dung had nothing. Well done to my wee team.

PS quite impressed by the new slimline Harkins

I must have missed the rule change where kicking someone in the face isn't a foul.

It was a pen IMO and we would have been claiming had it been down the other side....

However the connection with his face was quite low and the boy clearly put his head and body down to head it, so you could argue it was dangerous play on his part. Forbes clearly caught him and it was really unfortunate but I don't think his foot was particularly high, stupid positioning, absolutely!

Dunfermline are fucking shite aren't they?

Well, no. Enjoy the victory by all means, but Saturday wasn't a true reflection of ourselves. Second half we panicked majorly after gifting Morton their first and the arses collapsed. That needs to be addressed. We're definitely good enough to finish top 4.

We'll score goals no bother. Almost guaranteed 2+ a game, but we decided to chuck away a good advantage on Saturday.

Seems to be a tradition of ours to do this kinda shit against Morton.

We'll score goals no bother. Almost guaranteed 2+ a game

Well that's just not true. Whilst we're scoring plenty at the moment, we'll almost certainly have several games where we score less than 1 or don't score at all. There's no way I'm going to expect 2 goals from us every Saturday.

5 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Dunfermline :lol::lol::lol::lol::thumsup2 Your a wee team. :blink:

Oh dear.

I was actually at the Rovers' game on sat, it was quite funny because at half time the announcer went to speak to a couple of wee boys who were doing some mascot competition:

He asked the first one "who's your favorite team wee man?" 

The chilled c=gleefully replied "Rangers!"

Obviously taken by surprise the announcer hurried on to the next child and asked him the same question.

The wee boy replied "oh, I have two.."

The announcer then pensively asked him to give us the first one

The wee boy replied "Rangers!"

Genuinely the wee-est thing i've ever seen.

I felt at the time that Clancy had a good game getting all the big decisions right, and the highlights show that.

It's a clear penalty. Talbot dips his head and Forbes' foot isn't dangerously high, but Talbot gets to the ball first then Forbes catches him after the ball is gone. Foul and yellow card the correct decision.

Morris is all over Oliver for the second goal than Cardle blatantly charges out of the wall before the ball is kicked like the moron he is. Both the freekick and moving it another 10 yards forward were correct.

As for the suggestion that Quitongo 'shoved' Martin for the third goal :lol: An entirely fair aerial challenge with Martin taking a classic defender's dive after losing out. Most referees bail defenders out when there's clearly not been a foul in that scenario and it's good to see a referee who doesn't buy it.

Archived