Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, but it seems you do over Reilly being shit.

Why do you think he was shit with us? Declan McManus had a pretty shite season last year, but is currently having a very good season. So your comical inference that the management turned Reilly shit doesn't hold since plenty of other players, including the aforementioned McManus, have improved under them.

You're a fucking mentalist and if you aren't actually Gavin Reilly then someone should tell him to get a restraining order on you.

Gav's mum Hawk is going to batter you with her handbag.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gavin Reilly was a real poor signing and no matter how much Hawk/Gav/Rasper protests it did not work out.

You have to naturally question his ability and strength of character in relation to his time at EEP.

No doubt he's shone at some point but it wasn't with us. Brutal stuff.

As a Saints fan,this disturbs me greatly,but Morton ,I hope you skite these pointy teeth,inbred, banjo players off the top .Thanks to the Pars inadequacy we have unearthed a star in wee Gav:thumsup2

'Unearthed'. Next you will be calling him a 'find'.

27 minutes ago, Young gun said:

As a Saints fan,this disturbs me greatly,but Morton ,I hope you skite these pointy teeth,inbred, banjo players off the top .Thanks to the Pars inadequacy we have unearthed a star in wee Gav:thumsup2

Mods, please.

Sometimes things work out for a particular player at some clubs, but if they go somewhere else it doesn't. I always thought there was a good player there somewhere with Reilly, but there seemed to me to be a combination of a lack of confidence and not particularly fitting in with the way we were playing with him when with us. He didn't get a regular run of games either, which was down to both injury and then Moffat and Clark forming a good partnership that became first choice.

He seems to be doing well at his new club and good luck to him I say (just not against us). But quite why Hawk is on a Morton v Pars thread taking the direction of it that way, who knows.

On to tomorrow and looking forward to it. A similar performance to the last time at Cappielow would be absolutely grand; this won't be an easy game. We're playing well and with confidence but Morton will start to pick up and get their season going at some point. Will be interesting to see who AJ plays up front; I sincerely hope though it's Callum Smith + 1 other. The boy is flying and his time away - and goals - for Scotland's under-19s will only add to that.

10 minutes ago, Larbert_Par said:

On to tomorrow and looking forward to it. A similar performance to the last time at Cappielow would be absolutely grand; this won't be an easy game. We're playing well and with confidence but Morton will start to pick up and get their season going at some point. Will be interesting to see who AJ plays up front; I sincerely hope though it's Callum Smith + 1 other. The boy is flying and his time away - and goals - for Scotland's under-19s will only add to that.

I'd start Smith & McManus and let them run Morton ragged for an hour them bring on Clark & Ryan when the Morton defense is tiring...Guaranteed a goal from "Sir Nicky" then ;-)

48 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Image result for the office close door gif

53 minutes ago, Young gun said:

I hope the ICT ultras (RIP) find you this weekend. Gavin Reilly is bang average at the very best

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nicky Clark has got to be the first striker on the team-sheet. 

Him + anyone else and I'm happy enough; they're all great strikers but Nicky is a class above. 

24 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

I'd start Smith & McManus and let them run Morton ragged for an hour them bring on Clark & Ryan when the Morton defense is tiring...Guaranteed a goal from "Sir Nicky" then ;-)

The great thing is you can make a case for any of our strikers to be playing at the moment. I've been hugely impressed with McManus; not just for his goals, but his link play and work-rate. The latter has been excellent. Clark however is a first-rate striker as well and he's made his case over the last two games.

Whoever plays, we've got to be confident we can get goals with good options on the bench.

2 minutes ago, Larbert_Par said:

The great thing is you can make a case for any of our strikers to be playing at the moment. I've been hugely impressed with McManus; not just for his goals, but his link play and work-rate. The latter has been excellent. Clark however is a first-rate striker as well and he's made his case over the last two games.

Whoever plays, we've got to be confident we can get goals with good options on the bench.

Very much this. Smith hasn't scored loads but he's such a handful and has superb vision and a cool head. His lob thing when surrounded by players against Falkirk to spring Williamson down the right in the lead up to a goal and in the build up to Higgy's goal at Dumbarton was sublime. 

I'd like to see Clark and Smith but really not fussed who starts up front as they are all doing well. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Lawrence Shankland & Kudus Oyenuga scored more goals than Reilly last season. Imagine arguning that he isn't absolutely gubbins.

Go easy, mate. We can't all have strikers with goalscoring records like Jai Quitongo or Bob McHugh. :(

Archived