Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time we won this league, Morton and Raith seemed to be the only ones who caused us problems. Seeing as how Raith aren't in this league*, I make that a good omen.

*A reminder that the Rovers are playing in the seaside league and not the second tier of Scottish football. 

53 minutes ago, JessieField said:

I presume he got booked for the shirt off celebration?

Yes, he did. A minor complaint about him but that's silly bookings against both St. Mirren and Dunfermline that could come back to haunt us later in the season.

Quotingo got his injury against us last season so that must have felt amazing - a worthy booking and that's some torso.

3 wins, one defeat and one draw is a decent start to the season so we move on.

If anyone is looking for a new football, head over to eBay now and I'll do you a good deal. 

6 hours ago, Toby said:

Yes, he did. A minor complaint about him but that's silly bookings against both St. Mirren and Dunfermline that could come back to haunt us later in the season.

I just don't get why footballers take their tops off when they score, they know its a booking every single time, likewise going into the crowd, like Sterling did recently.

I completely get the emotional element, but go nuts, dancer about like a nutter, winch your teammates, but keep ur tap on ffs.

As you say, stupid booking although I don't think he did much wrong with the St Mirren one.

1 hour ago, madton said:

I just don't get why footballers take their tops off when they score, they know its a booking every single time, likewise going into the crowd, like Sterling did recently.

I completely get the emotional element, but go nuts, dancer about like a nutter, winch your teammates, but keep ur tap on ffs.

As you say, stupid booking although I don't think he did much wrong with the St Mirren one.

He scored a last gasp winner. Emotions take over and rational thinking goes out the window. Can't really blame him to be honest. 

Why was Declan McManus getting boos and jeers from the Morton fans yesterday? I thought he had pretty successful loan spells and don't seem to remember him leaving on bad terms?

19 minutes ago, smpar said:

Why was Declan McManus getting boos and jeers from the Morton fans yesterday? I thought he had pretty successful loan spells and don't seem to remember him leaving on bad terms?

Told Duffy last summer he'd sign for us then signed for Raith on the same day "for a better challenge" (IIRC) then got relegated. He also had an absolute meltdown on twitter this time last year with some of our supporters. 

21 minutes ago, smpar said:

He definitely got that better challenge. Going to Raith was hard mode.

He had one good loan spell when we won the league. He was hounded, quite rightly, for the dirty wee snake he is. [emoji216][emoji216][emoji216]

Archived