Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rules regarding liability/responsibility or whatever are there and need dealt with. Easy way is you have a registration/ID card for the casual fan that gets scanned at the turnstile and you pay the cash. If you have a problem with authority/big brother types, you can turn up late, pay your extra £2 and start the riot... remember scarf and hood up, head doon.

Is that not what was intended?

It's really not been thought through. But it was only a matter of time before a club decided to use it to levy a premium.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

The rules regarding liability/responsibility or whatever are there and need dealt with. Easy way is you have a registration/ID card for the casual fan that gets scanned at the turnstile and you pay the cash. If you have a problem with authority/big brother types, you can turn up late, pay your extra £2 and start the riot... remember scarf and hood up, head doon.

Is that not what was intended?

It's really not been thought through. But it was only a matter of time before a club decided to use it to levy a premium.

Morton aren't getting Dunfermline to sell tickets because of liability rules for away fans. They're doing it because the club has tried and failed to upgrade its turnstile facilities, tried and failed to get an electronic ticketing system to work and wrongly believes that it* is entitled to a £2 surcharge for people having the temerity to try and pay to enter a four-fifths empty ground on the day of a match. They haven't even announced how and where home fans should buy tickets for this match yet, despite having nearly a fortnight since the last match to get it sorted.

It has nothing to do with liability and everything to do with GMFC being an omnishambles. 

* laughably dressed up as 'for youth development' 

As for the game, I fancy us to pick up a win to make our start look rather more respectable. I picked Dunfermline to finish in the play-offs, as they looked similar to our newly promoted side last season and have the resources to build on that solid foundation. I certainly expect them to challenge for the play-offs, which should also be our aim this season. We're still generally quite decent at home and can now probably beat any team in the division when our forwards click. Unfortunately we haven't found a way to successfully shitfest games as we did for most of last season and unless we find an answer to that we'll be in midtable and no better. 

I'll go for our team having a good day though and earning a 3-1 win. 

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Place yourself in the sea alongside your beloved ticketing system, you grovelling sycophant. 

4 hours ago, virginton said:

If you think that 'stop moaning' and 'bring the cheerleaders on early' count as 'constructive' solutions to the biggest ticketing farce in Scottish football then you are a moron. It has already been confirmed a long time ago that you are a moron, so it's good to see that checking out one again. 

Sit down moron. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

^^^ idiot found

Yep.

21 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Just to add it seems Morton have a Board who are about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe.

Does the Norseman sell bar-lunches?

Of course. Ul get a pie if ur in early zapped in the microwave. After game grub is to die for. 10 litres of home made packet soup boiled in a big urn dumped on the pool table. Beautiful. U feel privalaged if u happen to receive a noodle in yer cup mmmmmmmm.hurry along.  

On 9/6/2017 at 16:51, Shandon Par said:

Davie Irons was one of my favourite players as a youngster. He was a bit of a boo-boy target at first on account of him not being a wholehearted clogger but his silky skills soon began to dazzle the Pars faithful. Even on the perma-mud bath that was the East End pitch he'd glide about with style and grace. Until he came along I don't think I realised it was possible to score from 20 odd yards out and it was a shock to the system to see him rattling them in from outside the box without appearing to exert any effort. 

Worth listening to his appearance on Soccer FM from late last season - he is a good laugh with some decent stories to tell. 

He's just another in an endless line of non-events who have managed us over the last 25 years and recorded one or two notable wins (in his case a relegation play-off avoiding win at Firhill and a League Cup win at Hibs) which paper over the cracks of mediocrity. Still not overly sure if Duffy is bucking the trend.

Saturday - I fear the worst. Can't make the game so if it happens then I at least will be spared from seeing it. Declan McManus is a stick-on to score.

8 hours ago, virginton said:

Place yourself in the sea alongside your beloved ticketing system, you grovelling sycophant. 

Had it been my ticketing system it would have worked. I have a track record for developing and delivering multi access environmental and construction project management systems over the years. By the way I will be arriving at 2.45 on Saturday so man up and let me hear your point of view that's the way us boys Burns Square boys like to resolve matters. Please don't give me that thanks for playing shit again.

54 minutes ago, macca937 said:

Of course. Ul get a pie if ur in early zapped in the microwave. After game grub is to die for. 10 litres of home made packet soup boiled in a big urn dumped on the pool table. Beautiful. U feel privalaged if u happen to receive a noodle in yer cup mmmmmmmm.hurry along.  

Both excellent and epic. Thanks for the culinary review of a pub obviously full of real character. 

I'll return the favour next time you come to East End by reviewing Raffles for you guys. Self proclaimed 'Dunfermline's Premier Sports Bar'.

Had it been my ticketing system it would have worked. I have a track record for developing and delivering multi access environmental and construction project management systems over the years. By the way I will be arriving at 2.45 on Saturday so man up and let me hear your point of view that's the way us boys Burns Square boys like to resolve matters. Please don't give me that thanks for playing shit again.

Lol that is tragic to be honest

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

Hope he kicks your fucking head in tbh. 

Archived