Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic

On 02/09/2017 at 22:55, Black and White Tragic said:

That Moff Geggs and POTM love triangle still holding firm?

Was never the biggest Moff fan tbh.

Geggan is still a wee honey though :wub:

23 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Me ? Not at all I had a great day back then. As for the game Morton deserved the win 100% After that went to the Inverkip hotel for a couple of beers in their great bar. From there we walked round to the kipper restaurant ( recommended ) 6 of us starters , main course three bottles of beer one bottle of win £130. After that a taxi to Wymms Bay for the last cruse of the day to Rothesay and another couple of beers. The whole day was great. 

Would bet at least £50 none of this happened.

14 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

I have being going to Cappielow for 52 years and this season does not seem much different from past exploits. Good times, mainly bad times and supporters who feel they know more about football and care more than our benefactors who run the show. Sadly none seem to come forward with a wad to back up their removal. Thank fcuk that's out the way and Div get it up you with your extra layer of advertising.

Saturday, great to get a shot at the champions elect. Any team that can win this league with McManas in the line-up must have ten other very good players. Well that makes for a comfortable day out low expectation, midfield lost in transit and a forward line in need of a break. Or maybe our breakthrough game as we penetrate the enemy's defences and march forward, upwards and onwards, we can only dream.

When to set off depends if you are going for the early bird £18 ticket or to the get real-deal  £20 ticket available after 1.00 and up until kick-off.   I would allow for passing Glasgow Airport at 2.00 and if sat nav allows set for Bishopton and go the old Greenock road. Might not be much quicker but at least it will be a constant 50 mph.

Sorry boys 2-0 the ton and why not. yes I have seen all the games this season and it will click someday.

old man.gif

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should expect a response after the Livvy farce but i honestly thought Duffy would bring in some pace and energy into a midfield which is so one paced. Seeing as he hasn't, i can't see anything other than an away win.

Lack of signings, lack of a working ticket sys, lack of common sense when it comes to ticket pricing, a poor start to the season...everyone is a bit fed up being a Morton fan right now and its Duffy's fault for failing to bring in a couple of players that we need and he has budget for.

The annoying thing is, we are not that far away from having a pretty good side which would challenge for top 4. Right now, we will be 6th-8th.

Expect another piss poor home crowd as well.

1-3.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's funny, really: Div confided in me once and said he ringfences the ad revenue generated by Morton fans' clicks & posts on here. He uses that income to fund his contribution to SMISA/the fans' ownership of St Mirren.

Every picture of Gregg Wallace and Tony Fitzpatrick is like money in the bank. :thumsup2

It's a wee shame that his money still can't stop you from getting absolutely hounded by The Famous:

nmdj4dlyhoqqipdld7wx.jpg

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I see Morton aren't doing so well so DUFFY BAD again.

Will a home win on Saturday be enough to make DUFFY GOOD again?

Football fans changing their opinions on a manager over time based on results? What a curious phenomenon.

I see Morton aren't doing so well so DUFFY BAD again.
Will a home win on Saturday be enough to make DUFFY GOOD again?

1 league win since mid march.

I would expect most sets of fans to be questioning their manager by now to be honest.

Couldn't hear any complaints when Duffy was getting his nice new contract from the Board.

He was a shite manager in League 1 and then turned things around and won the league and was great again.

Was shite in this league at the start of last season but then he was super because he managed top four and a good cup run.

Another bad run and he's useless once more. So, so fickle and the Morton fan excuse? "Aye but so is every one else"

Couldn't hear any complaints when Duffy was getting his nice new contract from the Board.
He was a shite manager in League 1 and then turned things around and won the league and was great again.
Was shite in this league at the start of last season but then he was super because he managed top four and a good cup run.
Another bad run and he's useless once more. So, so fickle and the Morton fan excuse? "Aye but so is every one else"

There were few reactions other than WTF when that contract was announced.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Are you deaf? 

I like Duffy, and he's certainly the best manager we've had for many years. He's overachieved and done a much better job than I and many others anticipated he would. However, things haven't exactly been rosy since March when you lot rocked up and ended the undefeated home run. We've won 1 league game, crashed out of the League & Challenge Cup and lost twice (TWICE) at home to Livingston FC. 

There are serious questions regarding the squad/system Duffy is attempting to play and handing him a new contract in the midst of all of this was bizarre. 

I think we'll turn things around eventually and certainly challenge for the playoffs this season, but you can hardly blame supporters for being disgruntled at a new contract being dished out during what is a horrific run of form.  

Tl:dr - We've been shite for ages, there was no need to extend his contract when Rae did.

Archived