Dundee United v Dumbarton

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the free kick I actually think McMullan caused the distraction to the wall and possibly the keeper. He was taking the piss out of the ref by re-walking the 10 yards after the spray was put down and it looked like a few players were looking towards him just as the kick was taken. Surprised the ref didn't book him (actually I'm not because referees are terrible)

How did Billy king play today ? Just spotted him in Five guys at fort kinnaird. He looked fairly dejected and hardly lifted his head. Then again he was in full Dundee Utd gear so that's probably why. 

Came off the bench. He was better than Fraser but then again so could a Labrador. Alright to see that he's upset about it though, shows he gives a f**k at least.

8 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Came off the bench. He was better than Fraser but then again so could a Labrador. Alright to see that he's upset about it though, shows he gives a f**k at least.

Yeah, always prefer to see a player who is unhappy with a poor personal/team performance.  Too many don't seem to give a f**k.

How did Billy king play today ? Just spotted him in Five guys at fort kinnaird. He looked fairly dejected and hardly lifted his head. Then again he was in full Dundee Utd gear so that's probably why. 

By choosing Five Guys he has certainly gone up in my estimation.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

The best bit about today was actually Amanda Kopel coming out before the game. Inspiring stuff from her and the people behind Frank's Law.

In 1985 a mate and I spent a week playing golf in Angus.  We were based at wee hotel in Dykehead or Cortachy (I can never remember which) about four miles north of Kirriemuir.  On the first evening we got the receptionist to arrange a taxi into Kirrie and asked the driver to recommend a decent boozer.

He advised The Roods Bar, where mine hosts were Frank and Amanda Kopel.  They ran a great pub and were such decent and friendly folk that we made several trips in that week.  Happy memories of a happy couple, and I congratulate everyone who supported Frank and campaigned on his behalf. 

Did you hear Chick Young's opinion of Stevie Aitken?

I heard it. He said that He was surprised that Stevie hadn't landed a bigger job in Scottish football. He said that he'd pretty much performed a miracle keeping us in the Championship with limited resources, had now served his apprenticeship and deserved a crack at the Premiership. I agree with most of that except the Premiership bit. I think it'll be an under performing Championship club that will eventually take a chance on him.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I heard it. He said that He was surprised that Stevie hadn't landed a bigger job in Scottish football. He said that he'd pretty much performed a miracle keeping us in the Championship with limited resources, had now served his apprenticeship and deserved a crack at the Premiership. I agree with most of that except the Premiership bit. I think it'll be an under performing Championship club that will eventually take a chance on him.

Any particular team in mind?

Archived