Dundee United v Dumbarton

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1st ever memory of a live football match was Dumbarton v Dundee Utd at boghead in 1995? We won 1-0 with Martin money scoring a late screamer!
Needless to say we got pumped 8-1 at tannadice later in the season and had probably the worst team ever that season with the lowest points total ever.
But that 1-0 win was one of, if not my favourite game to date

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

My 1st ever memory of a live football match was Dumbarton v Dundee Utd at boghead in 1995? We won 1-0 with Martin money scoring a late screamer!
Needless to say we got pumped 8-1 at tannadice later in the season and had probably the worst team ever that season with the lowest points total ever.

Clean through on Maxwell, ball bounced in front of Mooney and he lobbed the ball over him. I will never forget it. It'd funny how goals and games stick with you. I was only 13 at the time.

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I played on the pitch before the game for the school. Remember it well! 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Right, neck on the line time. We will win this by a single goal, the game will be turgid, our football will be uninspiring and Arabs will leave the ground grumbling and unhappy.

To be honest, I think it might be like that for a long time under Ray McKinnon. Most were encouraged by his summer signings as individuals, but he seems to favour overloading his squads with midfielders, to the detriment of other departments. Most thought the target man/striker would be on his list, but again he's not recruited in that area.

So your neck isn't really on the line, it should be McKinnon's and before that Thompson's, but Stephen seems to have his hands full in other areas presently. And we know what happens when he takes his eye of the ball...........

In these circumstances, I'd take a one goal victory, but still will leave the ground grumbling and unhappy.

We will lose 2-1. 

Our play will be laborious and ponderous.

Our illustrious leader will be mostly silent with arms folded for 90 mins.

Substitutions will happen on 75 and 85 minuites approx and be uninspiring.

I will wonder why i keep returning to tannadice as I leave the ground grumbling and unhappy.

We'll give you Stevie Aitken when you patch wee Ray in exchange for Sam Stanton as a club player, manager, and overlord. Non-negotiable.

Not able to make the game today and won't be able to hazard a guess at how it'll go until the team is announced.

Team - Gallacher, Smith, McLaughlin, Carswell, Walsh, Wardrop, Hutton, Hill, Morrison, Froxylias, Barr.

Not convinced with that selection, would have thought it would have sussed out by now, how long will it take to ditch Hutton.

Archived