Dundee United v Dumbarton

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2017 at 11:05, Granny Danger said:

I am hoping that over the next 72 hours my enthusiasm for this game kicks in.  Given our summer signings (and binnings) I really thought that four games in I would be looking forward to games more than I am.  I am hoping that there is something positive that comes out of Saturday; the result is important but we also need a convincing performance.

Still not happened yet.  :(

Gallacher

Wardrop - Barr - Hill - McLaughlin

Carswell - Wilson

Walsh - Froxylias - Roy

Nade

This is the team we should be playing until we have everyone fit IMO, Morrison to come on for Nade when he undoubtedly runs out of energy. Our injuries are a bit of a pisser to be honest, look at the team we could field if everyone was fit:

Gallacher

Carswell - G. Gallagher

Roy - Handling - Froxylias

Nade

I would feel much more confident about staying up if we could field that team regularly.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Gallacher

Carswell - Wilson

Walsh - Froxylias - Roy

Nade

This is the team we should be playing until we have everyone fit IMO, Morrison to come on for Nade when he undoubtedly runs out of energy. Our injuries are a bit of a pisser to be honest, look at the team we could field if everyone was fit:

Gallacher

Carswell - G. Gallagher

Nade

I would feel much more confident about staying up if we could field that team regularly.

Whit?  You do realise that there's only two players differenent between these two line-ups don't you?  

Edited for speeling

Gallacher

Carswell - G. Gallagher

Nade

548477d28f996247dd65de8012e9024a.jpg

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Whit?  You do realise that there's only two players differenent between these two line-ups don't you?  

Edited for speeling

No, I didn't realise that at all. I typed out both teams but I had no idea what players were different in each of them. 

Of course I'm aware that it's only two players difference, one of them is arguably our best defensive midfielder and the other is arguably the only creative attacking player we have. Both players being available would not would make a huge difference to our team but would alter the way we play, IMO.

You edited that post for spelling and still ended up with "differenent". Good job.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No, I didn't realise that at all. I typed out both teams but I had no idea what players were different in each of them. 

Of course I'm aware that it's only two players difference, one of them is arguably our best defensive midfielder and the other is arguably the only creative attacking player we have. Both players being available would not would make a huge difference to our team but would alter the way we play, IMO.

You edited that post for spelling and still ended up with "differenent". Good job.

I'm glad you said arguably there.

Grant Gallagher may be the white N'golo Kante compared to Kyle Hutton, but he's no Carsy :wub: I'd be interested to see Carswell and Wilson together. It could work, and Wilson's range of passing would be most welcome in the team at the minute - even if he does have plenty of other weak points.

I suspect Stevie will persevere with Hutton and Carswell though, which is utterly pointless and like playing with two goalkeepers, before being surprised when they get in each other's way.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thanks, it was deliberate.

My point was that it's not unusual to have two players out injured, though I suppose if they're amongst your better players then it can be a blow.

57 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm glad you said arguably there.

Grant Gallagher may be the white N'golo Kante compared to Kyle Hutton, but he's no Carsy :wub: I'd be interested to see Carswell and Wilson together. It could work, and Wilson's range of passing would be most welcome in the team at the minute - even if he does have plenty of other weak points.

I suspect Stevie will persevere with Hutton and Carswell though, which is utterly pointless and like playing with two goalkeepers, before being surprised when they get in each other's way.

I said arguably because I knew you would have arguments :lol:

IMO Grant Gallagher is better at his job than Carswell but I suspect we'll just need to disagree on that one.

Archived