Dundee United v Dumbarton

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hoping that over the next 72 hours my enthusiasm for this game kicks in.  Given our summer signings (and binnings) I really thought that four games in I would be looking forward to games more than I am.  I am hoping that there is something positive that comes out of Saturday; the result is important but we also need a convincing performance.

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am hoping that over the next 72 hours my enthusiasm for this game kicks in.  Given our summer signings (and binnings) I really thought that four games in I would be looking forward to games more than I am.  I am hoping that there is something positive that comes out of Saturday; the result is important but we also need a convincing performance.

Loads of players from last season out.

New, shinier, better, players in.

Same problem.

Hmm.

This is not a swipe at Arabs fans, but it took Hibs at least 2 seasons before they realised that getting back up wasn't going to be a scoosh, and that even wee diddy teams in the league (like Dumbarton) are actually 'no bad' and won't simply be cannon fodder. 

I'm not sure McKinnon has realised that yet, which is strange seeing that his previous gig was manager of a Championship team.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

This is not a swipe at Arabs fans, but it took Hibs at least 2 seasons before they realised that getting back up wasn't going to be a scoosh, and that even wee diddy teams in the league (like Dumbarton) are actually 'no bad' and won't simply be cannon fodder. 

I'm not sure McKinnon has realised that yet, which is strange seeing that his previous gig was manager of a Championship team.

I'm sure he has. The problem here is the United fans who think it should be a scoosh. 

Just now, Young gun said:

What's the history of Moonster and Ray :P

You really do dislike him :lol:

Anyone who describes a 1-0 loss as a "freak result" only for his shambles of a team to lose 1-0 again that very same season to the same team deserves a lifetime of abuse. 

50 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm sure he has. The problem here is the United fans who think it should be a scoosh. 

Maybe you an direct us to the posts on here where Arabs think this league will be a skoosh; I must have missed them.

48 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I dont know of a single United fan that thought we would skoosh the league.

Except McKinnon 

I have never seen any statement from McKinnon stating, or even implying, this.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I have never seen any statement from McKinnon stating, or even implying, this.

Hes more or less said as much by the attitude hes giving off. "Didnt see that performance coming" for the 3rd time in 4 games roughly and "well be fit by the end of August" says hes not really worried about much to me.

Why is the manager of a group of full time, professional athletes who are paid thousands of pounds per week admitting said group wont be fit till after 4 or 5 games? 

Ok, fair enough hes not said it but hes either thinking it or hes an absolute 20 piece brass fucking band, never mind trumpet.

15 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I dont know of a single United fan that thought we would skoosh the league.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe you an direct us to the posts on here where Arabs think this league will be a skoosh; I must have missed them.

Chaps, "should" not "will". Pay attention at the back.

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone who describes a 1-0 loss as a "freak result" only for his shambles of a team to lose 1-0 again that very same season to the same team deserves a lifetime of abuse. 

After we had pummelled them for 90 minutes in our 2-1 game he said it was down to fine margins. 

He's comedy gold.

Archived