Dundee United v Dumbarton

Im a little surprised Raith or QotS never came for him recently.

I think a falkirk or dundee utd could be too big a step, however part of the reason we wanted him was due to the way his stranraer team played us in the cups. Kind of similar to how we've done against utd.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it. He said that He was surprised that Stevie hadn't landed a bigger job in Scottish football. He said that he'd pretty much performed a miracle keeping us in the Championship with limited resources, had now served his apprenticeship and deserved a crack at the Premiership. I agree with most of that except the Premiership bit. I think it'll be an under performing Championship club that will eventually take a chance on him.

An underperforming Championship club, you say...?

4 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I heard it. He said that He was surprised that Stevie hadn't landed a bigger job in Scottish football. He said that he'd pretty much performed a miracle keeping us in the Championship with limited resources, had now served his apprenticeship and deserved a crack at the Premiership. I agree with most of that except the Premiership bit. I think it'll be an under performing Championship club that will eventually take a chance on him.

Does he like playing 4231 constantly?

Does he like square pegs?

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Just catching up with Ray's comments in the Sunday Post:

"There is a huge improvement needed but I'm sure we'll come good. We have 14 news faces from last season. That's a big turnaround"

We signed 15 players this summer...

Red dotted for quoting from the Sunday Post.

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Disappointing lack of multi-quoting from our DFC brothers.

Sorry m8, was quite busy yesterday...

On 03/09/2017 at 10:03, Alert Mongoose said:

Would hope that Ray fields some of the youngsters here against League One bound Sons.

Image result for ray mckinnon football

On 04/09/2017 at 18:41, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hard to say. I think we're not so much more shit or less shit, just shit in a different way.

Sorry to break this to you, but on that evidence you definitely are more shit than last season.

On 07/09/2017 at 15:50, Pull My Strings said:

Got an awful feeling we'll only win this by two or three goals. 

Image result for Stevie aitken

On 09/09/2017 at 11:31, Granny Danger said:

We will win this by a single goal, the game will be turgid, our football will be uninspiring and Arabs will leave the ground grumbling and unhappy.

3/4 ain't bad I suppose.

On 09/09/2017 at 17:23, mishtergrolsch said:

Bye bye. 

Worst manager in our history.

On 05/09/2017 at 15:28, Alert Mongoose said:

The United support in being Raycist shocker.

FTFY

On 9/8/2017 at 20:51, pleslie99 said:

My 1st ever memory of a live football match was Dumbarton v Dundee Utd at boghead in 1995? We won 1-0 with Martin money scoring a late screamer!
Needless to say we got pumped 8-1 at tannadice later in the season and had probably the worst team ever that season with the lowest points total ever.
But that 1-0 win was one of, if not my favourite game to date

8-NIL

Maybe you're thinking of the 6-1 the second time you came to Tannadice that season?  Those were the days it was fun to be in the second tier.  If I remember correctly Dumbarton got relegated three times in a row after that and won less than a dozen games in three years.

On 9/9/2017 at 15:30, Accent-Unknown said:

Someone behind me has clearly heard the phrase "take it for a run" once and now applies it to every single possible situation

Some of the bellends in the GF have to be heard to be believed.  There's a woman sits behind us who seems to have a vocabulary of about five words, three of which you couldn't say on the telly before the watershed, and she barks them out at random with seemingly no correlation to what's actually happening on the pitch.

When Tom Walsh is being interviewed, there are pics of Eamonn Bannon and Doug Smith behind in the hall of fame. To the left of Bannon there appears to be a hole where a screw used to be. So my question to United fans is, who was removed from the hall of fame and why?

9 minutes ago, microdave said:

When Tom Walsh is being interviewed, there are pics of Eamonn Bannon and Doug Smith behind in the hall of fame. To the left of Bannon there appears to be a hole where a screw used to be. So my question to United fans is, who was removed from the hall of fame and why?

Walter Rojas

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

8-NIL

Maybe you're thinking of the 6-1 the second time you came to Tannadice that season?  Those were the days it was fun to be in the second tier.  If I remember correctly Dumbarton got relegated three times in a row after that and won less than a dozen games in three years.

Aye, feck off you.  That's me back into therapy.

Archived