Livingston v Queens

The second Livi goal, I would have thought that Martin would have probably went for the first ball...

Our 'keepers don't even need to be on the pitch to get slagged now [emoji14]

Two crackers for us again. Some controversy here. No denying the penalty was a stonewaller but I've looked twice at the build up and feel Brownlie is fouled. Not only that but the Livi captain could consider himself lucky to be on the pitch. He threw his arm/elbow to push Brownlie away but it looked head height to me and at the very least that's a freekick to us shirley?

The second goal I thought Fordyce was being pulled. Again, that kind of thing happens in most games but that doesn't mean it's not a foul. He made a balls up of the clearance but I can forgive him that as he was likely off balance due to the wee tug.

'It'll even itself out...'

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Our 'keepers don't even need to be on the pitch to get slagged now emoji14.png

Two crackers for us again. Some controversy here. No denying the penalty was a stonewaller but I've looked twice at the build up and feel Brownlie is fouled. Not only that but the Livi captain could consider himself lucky to be on the pitch. He threw his arm/elbow to push Brownlie away but it looked head height to me and at the very least that's a freekick to us shirley?

The second goal I thought Fordyce was being pulled. Again, that kind of thing happens in most games but that doesn't mean it's not a foul. He made a balls up of the clearance but I can forgive him that as he was likely off balance due to the wee tug.

I didnt notice the Brownlie one but Fordyce is definitely being pulled at the second goal. Its one of those you get sometimes but not others.

Defensively we were all over the place for the first goal and guilty of ball watching for the second. I take back what I said last night, Im not sure Martin would have made any difference for the second goal.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Our 'keepers don't even need to be on the pitch to get slagged now emoji14.png

Nah was no foul you're seeing things. Halkett doesn't do anything except bang into your player and push him away with his arm, no elbow was thrown or even hit your player other than a push as they collide.

Dunno abut Dycey being pulled but players all hold onto one another at every set piece, normally the ref just blows for a free kick to the defending team when he see pulling and pushing. Defenders are usually bear hugging the attacking team though, or grappling them to the ground, I can't see it ever being stopped unless penalties start being handed out.

Just now, oldhat said:

Leighfield actually came pretty close to saving the penalty.  You can see him watching the run-up closely and guessing correctly, unlucky not to keep it out.

It was hit hard and at a good height that would've made it difficult to save even if the keeper somehow managed to get a hand to it, doubt it would've been strong enough to keep the ball out. Didn't get near it though, was too well hit.

Same with Alexander, he got a fingertip to Stirling's shot but no danger was he saving it.

2 hours ago, oldhat said:

Leighfield actually came pretty close to saving the penalty.  You can see him watching the run-up closely and guessing correctly, unlucky not to keep it out.

He goes the right way but he doesn`t get anywhere close to saving it in all honesty.

Edit to add not a criticism of Leighfield. He did fine.

Our 'keepers don't even need to be on the pitch to get slagged now [emoji14]

I think Sloop John was reflecting that had Martin been in goal he'd have taken out the cross. Not the only person to mention this but seems to be the only criticism of Leighfield who it has to be said is doing much better than I'd expected.

I think Sloop John was reflecting that had Martin been in goal he'd have taken out the cross. Not the only person to mention this but seems to be the only criticism of Leighfield who it has to be said is doing much better than I'd expected.

I thought that myself hence the [emoji14]

Archived