Livingston v Queens

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The win against Morton last week was really needed after those first 3 league results where we felt we should've had more from the games. This will be our toughest game yet though, QoS have the best striker in the league and we don't score many goals so it is going to be important for our defence to be at their best, we can't really afford to concede more than one goal if we are to get something from the game. I'd be delighted with a draw here.

6 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Avoid defeat in this one and I'll be happy. Livvy are a bogey team for us.

I don't think our record against them in recent years is that bad that I'd consider them a bogey team?

I agree though that I'd probably accept a draw but really think we are capable of getting a win.

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

Avoid defeat in this one and I'll be happy. Livvy are a bogey team for us.

Of our last 32 games this century we have lost them 7 times in normal time so less of that pish thank you very much.

A game I'll be happy if we avoid defeat, as I think livi are quite a solid side. Next 4/5 games are massive, with St Mirren and Inverness away, I think we need to be picking up something from this game.

Draws do little to help the cause - if somebody offered me a draw in this one I wouldn't be interested.

Go all out for a win - play 3 up and if after giving it a real go - it ends a draw so be it but as things stand I would be disappointed with a draw.

I watched the Livvy game today against TNS - they played with a back 3 which didn't look the quickest. Livvy pass the ball well but I think they will be disappointed to out to a very ordinary Welsh outfit.

No reason we can't continue our good start in this one.  The biggest problem for Naysmith at the moment is keeping all four strikers happy and deciding the best way to balance the midfield.

Stirling didn't do enough on Saturday to put himself into contention for a start so Jacobs coming back in is a no-brainer.  The only decision for the manager to make is whether it is alongside Tapping and Rankin, or at the expense of one of them.  I'd be inclined to go for the same team that played at Falkirk but with Rooney coming in for Kerr.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

No reason we can't continue our good start in this one.  The biggest problem for Naysmith at the moment is keeping all four strikers happy and deciding the best way to balance the midfield.

Stirling didn't do enough on Saturday to put himself into contention for a start so Jacobs coming back in is a no-brainer.  The only decision for the manager to make is whether it is alongside Tapping and Rankin, or at the expense of one of them.  I'd be inclined to go for the same team that played at Falkirk but with Rooney coming in for Kerr.

I think Rooney will come in for Kerr and, as you say, Jacobs starting is pretty much a definite. Unless Carmichael is fit I think its almost certain he'll replace Stirling. The only other decision then, is Kane or Lyle up front. As well as Lyle is playing I think Kane gives us something different with his pace and runs in behind. 

14 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Of our last 32 games this century we have lost them 7 times in normal time so less of that pish thank you very much.

How many draws, and defeats in ET?

We don't have the same fire power up front this season but we've goals from midfield which helps make up for that, and the only game we struggled to score in was St Mirren after they went down to 10 men and sat in, I doubt very much Queens will do that. If we can manage to score first it'll be a frustrating game for Queens, and I think we'd get something from the game, maybe even hit them on the counter with a 2nd goal too and nick a win. As I said earlier though, a draw would be a good result for us here.

I reckon we might go to a 4 back with Penrice, Halkett, Gallagher McMillan.

We've every chance at winning this game and should approach it as such, Queens of course feel the same way having had a brilliant start which should make this an interesting game. If we're to stay up/challenge playoffs this is the games we should be doing something with.

I'd like to see Mackin (as much as he infuriates me) and Mullen start up front as well likely leaving us with a dilemma of which two to play in the middle if its a 442, Mullin out wide is a given due to how brilliant he's been so far but I haven't been impressed by Cadden this season so we'd probably see Rafa out wide. In saying that I'd like to see Knox get a chance

I'd rather we went Toddy and Mullen up front, I just don't think Mackin runs about enough and unless we're dominating a game he'd be a bit of a passenger leaving Mullen doing a lot of chasing about, Toddy has the same attributes as Mackin but he's far more mobile.

Can't see Lithgow being dropped, but we might go with Penrice and Mullin as WB's, and the usual 3 in defence and CM. 

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

How many draws, and defeats in ET?

We don't have the same fire power up front this season but we've goals from midfield which helps make up for that, and the only game we struggled to score in was St Mirren after they went down to 10 men and sat in, I doubt very much Queens will do that. If we can manage to score first it'll be a frustrating game for Queens, and I think we'd get something from the game, maybe even hit them on the counter with a 2nd goal too and nick a win. As I said earlier though, a draw would be a good result for us here.

Livi in Cup games are 3-0 when it comes to extra times with Queens winning the other Challenge Cup game.

Since 2006 in League Games (Livi were dominant pre SPL promotion) it been Queens 11, Draw 10 and Livi 7.  There's usually about 3 goals a game and the last league 0-0 was in 1994, so an absolute stinker is probably overdue. It's a pretty competitive fixture but it's not even close to being a bogey team.

Archived