HAMILTON A VS Glasgows Unwashed.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See the 2.5 goal thing, why not just say over 2 goals?

Genuinely because football fans are so thick that they think if they write 'over 2 goals' and there are two goals fans will think that means they've won. 2.5 means there can be absolutely no mistake.

Craig Gordon is starting to have a whiff of Clangers Langfield about him.

I thought he looked relatively poor last year, definitely Celtic's weak link. When there were those rumours that Chelsea were offering millions for him I thought Celtic were crazy to knock that back.

Shame Accies didn't put up much of a fight here.

Still think Accies will have a decent season.

Accies are the Accy Stanley of this league. Hamilton Accrington Stanley Academicals.

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Don't think anyone has started canning out after this game, they've just said he set the team out with the wrong mentality and shape we were never going to get anything but canning/the team made sure of that with the way they played. No ones said were doomed again either, we will be if we play like that the rest of the season. Which thankfully I don't think we will do again.

I'm afraid I witnessed a few people after the match, shouting Canning out, and heard discussion of relegation. I wasn't saying it was everyone, I know it was probably the minority, the comments about the performance being poor, and having no fight I completely agree with, but there was people going further and it becomes very irritating.

3 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Never been anti Canning , I just feel the guy has too many deficiencies to make the grade as a manager, too often how he structures his team has me scratching my head in a state of confusion, he has probably exceeded his own expectations by retaining our status in the SPL, I personally feel the club would benifit from fresh blood in the form of a new manager. Who that would be is anyone's guess but I just feel the club will stagnate or god forbid regress under the stewardship of M  Canning . 

I can agree with what your saying, there have been times where I was saying he should go, but surely people have to agree he's had a good start to the season, an excellent second half performance against Hibs, a spirited fight back against killie, and not holding on to a one goal lead against Dundee. I think he deserves credit for those games. It's to early to tell if he has improved, but that's my point, let's not get on his back after one bad performance, the hardest fixture at that, I feel he still deserves everyones support, until we get a clear view of how things are going to be.

5 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

I can agree with what your saying, there have been times where I was saying he should go, but surely people have to agree he's had a good start to the season, an excellent second half performance against Hibs, a spirited fight back against killie, and not holding on to a one goal lead against Dundee. I think he deserves credit for those games. It's to early to tell if he has improved, but that's my point, let's not get on his back after one bad performance, the hardest fixture at that, I feel he still deserves everyones support, until we get a clear view of how things are going to be.

Wasn't particularly on his back , but last nights performance was as totally inept as the performance's between Dundee , Hibs & Killie were highly promising, I also understand we have the lowest expenditure of all the SPL clubs but the sheer lack of heart shown last night is in my eyes unacceptable and that IMO is the fault of the manager.

14 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Wasn't particularly on his back , but last nights performance was as totally inept as the performance's between Dundee , Hibs & Killie were highly promising, I also understand we have the lowest expenditure of all the SPL clubs but the sheer lack of heart shown last night is in my eyes unacceptable and that IMO is the fault of the manager.

Wasn't accusing you personally, was just making a point about people calling for him to be sacked.

I agree, the manager has to take the blame for our poor display last night, he made the wrong choices.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yes, we've had a good start to the season. However, I'll still criticise the players and manager when I feel they deserve it. Last night falls into that category for me.

Some folk (not you LBA) seem to be under the impression that you have to either be a happy clapper or doom monger, with absolutely no middle ground in between.

I agree, the manager and players have to hold their hands and take the criticism they deserve for the poor performance last night.

Exactly, I fear our support might get to the toxicity levels of what a team like Arsenal are currently at, where some people are dead against and absolutely for the manager no matter what happens, like you, I feel these types of fans need to learn to meet in the middle, and not hound the manager out after one poor performance and not overreact after one good performance.

Archived