The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

His behaviour towards the end was one of a seriously unhinged individual. How any grown man could allow a football message board to affect their life so much, was shite frankly worrying.

Saying that, he torched his dog for a cruise.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

After their performance over the last few weeks, I am utterly delighted to be seen in a good light by other Bairns on here and hopefully they will continue to see me as a friend as I do them.

I am also proud to tie with @Marshmallo

So you sir can go f**k yourself.

Grangemouth Bairn is the top boy now. Tells it as it is.

In real life Grimbo is probably a kind, fat man with a beard who laughs a lot and is generally welcomed at his local or the club social. Everyone tolerates his horrible heartiness, laughing at his own shite jokes and insisting being called Grimbo because he's a decent guy. Doesn't work in text alone unfortunately.

Grimbo’s case is a curious one that highlights a number of social ills of the modern age. Grimbo has made it to middle age as a functioning member of society yet spiralled into madness over some dots on an Internet forum. Posters flocked to give him money out of the goodness of their hearts and were rightly angered when they felt they’d been stung.

I’ll freely admit I didn’t pay anything into it as I thought “surely he must be insured”. They may sometimes take a bit of nagging but insurers generally really good at sorting out not only losses but alternative accommodation etc. Were folk caught up in wanting to be seen to be big hearted rather than looking at the cold facts? I did history as a degree and it’s maybe me me a bit of a cynical bugger as it gets you questioning everything and looking for motives behind stuff. 

Also, look how much content he still generates. The forum needs nutters and it’s a bit like hunting seasons. Some needs culled but fresh blood needs cultivated too. Places like the Heads Gone thread are a good shop window for the next generation of Grimbos.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Grimbo’s case is a curious one that highlights a number of social ills of the modern age. Grimbo has made it to middle age as a functioning member of society yet spiralled into madness over some dots on an Internet forum. Posters flocked to give him money out of the goodness of their hearts and were rightly angered when they felt they’d been stung.

I’ll freely admit I didn’t pay anything into it as I thought “surely he must be insured”. They may sometimes take a bit of nagging but insurers generally really good at sorting out not only losses but alternative accommodation etc. Were folk caught up in wanting to be seen to be big hearted rather than looking at the cold facts? I did history as a degree and it’s maybe me me a bit of a cynical bugger as it gets you questioning everything and looking for motives behind stuff. 

Also, look how much content he still generates. The forum needs nutters and it’s a bit like hunting seasons. Some needs culled but fresh blood needs cultivated too. Places like the Heads Gone thread are a good shop window for the next generation of Grimbos.

Some insurers are shite. Never buy cheap travel insurance for example. But a house fire? I'm sure the first few days would be a bit bewildering and I've no idea how quickly they sorted him out, so I'm sure a few hundred could have been handy in the early days. If he hadn't bragged about spending the £10,000 donations on doing up a second home and going on a cruise he would just been remembered as harmless, annoying and needy.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

bragged about spending the £10,000 donations

10 grand? All from people on here? That is tremendous.  Wish I had been a member here when all the gullible, look at me I'm a do gooder types found out about his cruise.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I dont think anyone who actually donated to Grimbo was outraged by what he spent the money on. He did offer to refund anyone who felt hard done by as well. 

Here, throbs, while this is probably true, please stop saying it. You're taking all the fun out of it. 

36 minutes ago, throbber said:

I dont think anyone who actually donated to Grimbo was outraged by what he spent the money on. He did offer to refund anyone who felt hard done by as well. 

Don't think anyone on here has confessed to donating. I was tempted to ask for a refund though. I was sympathetic for a while after it all came out, thought it was nice his family got to go on a wee cruise after a horrible event and his tenants were saved from being burnt to death by dodgy wiring, but got worn down by his constant whining.

Edited by welshbairn