The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

25 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I don't think anyone voted for them thinking "what a lot of bottle I've shown". They just saw a twat and named them.

There's nothing inherently worthy about railing against a consensus. If some quarterwit says there's no gravity or that apartheid wasn't all that bad they get the pish ripped out of them. Rightly. You only defend such instances because you perceive them as a thorn in the side of some imaginary liberal bogeyman that the rest of us supposedly represent.

And, lest we forget, if the consensus here n P&B is as "narrow" as you'd have it, then it's presumably not representative of wider society as a whole, and by your own standards you should be lauding us for not being the Sun & Daily Mail-reading mouth-breathers that get elections won in the UK.

I look forward to receiving your plaudits.

Image result for amen brother

44 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I don't think anyone voted for them thinking "what a lot of bottle I've shown". They just saw a twat and named them.

There's nothing inherently worthy about railing against a consensus. If some quarterwit says there's no gravity or that apartheid wasn't all that bad they get the pish ripped out of them. Rightly. You only defend such instances because you perceive them as a thorn in the side of some imaginary liberal bogeyman that the rest of us supposedly represent.

And, lest we forget, if the consensus here n P&B is as "narrow" as you'd have it, then it's presumably not representative of wider society as a whole, and by your own standards you should be lauding us for not being the Sun & Daily Mail-reading mouth-breathers that get elections won in the UK.

I look forward to receiving your plaudits.

there is some merit in going against the consensus, going against no gravity or apartheid as you used as examples would be stupid but going against independence is another example, one that split the country and had experts in many different areas disagreeing. as brexit has shown, most economists had a massive loss of jobs after brexit and more immediate effects on the economy (it looks like they will be right but at a slower pace!) no-one really knows the effects and so you could legitimately argue against the consensus.

although with the names involved in this thread, arguing against the consensus does tend to be just a thin veil covering their bigotry!

25 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

there is some merit in going against the consensus, going against no gravity or apartheid as you used as examples would be stupid but going against independence is another example, one that split the country and had experts in many different areas disagreeing. as brexit has shown, most economists had a massive loss of jobs after brexit and more immediate effects on the economy (it looks like they will be right but at a slower pace!) no-one really knows the effects and so you could legitimately argue against the consensus.

although with the names involved in this thread, arguing against the consensus does tend to be just a thin veil covering their bigotry!

Christ on a moped.

replying to a post, I said arguing against independence has merit as there is doubt and two sides to the argument but arguing against something like the theory of gravity is plain stupid so what's wrong with what I said? the consensus on here is a large majority for independence, the result was 45% to 55% so definitely a split in the country and there were experts both pro and anti independence!

16 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Has anyone noticed how those guaranteed to be among the highest ranking in this list are the most frequent, the most vocal in decrying it?

7 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I think it’s getting better now because I know the posters involved instead of them being utter nobodies.

It doesn’t take any bottle to slaughter McSpreader, progressive liberal or the other minority of posters who go against the grain and don’t conform to the narrow board consensus. Just hope MS is as bold and personal when/if it is anyone who retains any popularity with the rest of the board.

Similarly, it's apparently getting better because we're getting closer to a certain someone's inclusion. Spoiler alert: We're still nowhere near him.

Yeah, the thread which saw him banned for it genuinely had about five or six pages of nothing but post after post of arguments proving Wisbit was wrong, at which point he would move the goalposts and spout another baseless piece of nonsense to support his fucking mental opinions. I think the line that finally made the mods step in with the banhammer was "the Allies had to come up with something to demonise Hitler".

He actually managed to unite the Zionists and Anti-Zionists on that thread.

B-22bKAVIAAMZNM.jpg

Tied at 25th with 11 points and 1 first place votes we have two posters. Up first, an extension on the theme of Lex. I wrote about how I was misled by Lex's apparent character witness suggestion of him being a quality poster with worthwhile opinions. My first encounter of this poster, who returned about two years ago after a hiatus. Allegedly at Her Majest's pleasure, but I can't comment on that. Anyhoo, the first time I saw this poster commenting on a thread he was welcomed back by none other than The_Kincardine, who lamented his absence. Now, if that doesn't stand up as a symbol of impending doom, what does?
Only the one quote:
"Would find extenuating circumstances to defend Pol Pot for committing genocide on 3m Cambodians if he were a Celtic player. Even used pictures of dead Palestinian children in a match thread. (I remain convinced this is a Seamus alias so will change if confirmed)"
Yes, that is an actual thing which happened. During last year's Champions League qualifier between Celtic and Hapoel Beer-Sheva, in defence of the Celtic support's display of Palestinian flags, this poster posted actual picures of actual dead children. If I recall correctly he wasn't even banned instantly after this, somehow. This is someone who appeared to be a grown man, at least in his thirties. [mention=1846]Davie Bhoy[/mention] was fond of derailing threads whenever one of the diddied had the temerity to point out how intellectually bankrupt his posts were, all the while complaining about others going off-topic, but it's for one incident he is quite rightly remembered and forgotten.

DavieBhigot was an abomination of a poster.

Was it not Dundee fans who eventually got him emptied out of P&B?

Another day, another politically-based walloper. At 24th, with 13 points:
"An obvious troll but is even shite at that so has earned this nomination."
"tit"
"Anyone who has read the Brexit thread will understand why"
Sadly, [mention=68545]McSpreader[/mention] is no longer with us (or is he), but someone whose idiocy and bigotry reached its zenith during voting here was quite rightly mentioned. He won't be able to defend himself here but I'm sure multiple posters will regale us with their reasons for voting him. I'm sure he hated Poles. Personally my eyes would glaze over whenever I saw one of his posts, but he incited rage in the right people.

He's back under another shite pseudonym.

Same obnoxious views and shite patter.

I think it’s getting better now because I know the posters involved instead of them being utter nobodies.

It doesn’t take any bottle to slaughter McSpreader, progressive liberal or the other minority of posters who go against the grain and don’t conform to the narrow board consensus. Just hope MS is as bold and personal when/if it is anyone who retains any popularity with the rest of the board.

Knows he's further up than #23.