Why do you follow the team you follow

The Stig

I'd like it, though I'd rather it was a British team playing at least a few home games outside London. I'd also like them to add teams from Canada, Mexico and Germany.

I'd still support Da Bears, though.

So your looking for about 36 teams in the league?

Forty would be good. I think sixteen is too few games a season. Eight divisions of five, play each team in your own division twice and one game against each team from a division from your own conference and one game against each team from a division from the other conference for a total of eighteen games. Increase playoffs to fourteen teams. Decrease preseason games as they're shite.

I'd like it, though I'd rather it was a British team playing at least a few home games outside London. I'd also like them to add teams from Canada, Mexico and Germany.

I'd still support Da Bears, though.

This sounds like some kind of bad dream to me personally. Would probably get more into the college game instead if this were to happen.

Forty would be good. I think sixteen is too few games a season. Eight divisions of five, play each team in your own division twice and one game against each team from a division from your own conference and one game against each team from a division from the other conference for a total of eighteen games. Increase playoffs to fourteen teams. Decrease preseason games as they're shite.

No offence but that sounds just awful

I undeestand that you don't like foreign teams, I can get it though I don't agree. But what's wrong with getting rid of crappy preseason games for two extra proper matches?

I feel the preseason games are beneficial. Obviously not for the stars but for the fringe guys such as undrafted free agents or late round picks. These guys need game time to prove their worth and try and earn a roster spot. Cutting it down to 2 games decreases their chances

I'm not sure. In fairness I never watch any of them so don't really know how useful they are!

Okay keep your preseason. Eighteen games a season regular season, with two bye weeks each to make up for the extra games. It's now a twenty week regular season, so we get an extra month of play!

Cleveland might even win a game...

I'm not sure. In fairness I never watch any of them so don't really know how useful they are!

Okay keep your preseason. Eighteen games a season regular season, with two bye weeks each to make up for the extra games. It's now a twenty week regular season, so we get an extra month of play!

You had to ruin it....

No player in that league would ever want a season that long. Their bodies are beaten up by November

First time on this topic. I recently got into the NFL and been watching for last two seasons intermittently. I cant seem to get behind a team though. I have been to Charleston and Washington (not the stadiums). Three of my mates support 3 different teams Lions , Ravens and Giants for different reasons. I think I have watched every team at least once in last two seasons. I really enjoy the sport but like I say not quite there with backing a team. There a few teams I don't mind Broncos, Falcons, Lions and there are a few teams I don't like which is jets, steelers, bengals. (don't know why just don't like them)

Any help?

You will support the Browns. End of discussion.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:51, Doonhamer doon south said:

First time on this topic. I recently got into the NFL and been watching for last two seasons intermittently. I cant seem to get behind a team though. I have been to Charleston and Washington (not the stadiums). Three of my mates support 3 different teams Lions , Ravens and Giants for different reasons. I think I have watched every team at least once in last two seasons. I really enjoy the sport but like I say not quite there with backing a team. There a few teams I don't mind Broncos, Falcons, Lions and there are a few teams I don't like which is jets, steelers, bengals. (don't know why just don't like them)

Any help?

I'm in the same boat. Leaning slightly towards the Falcons due to a tenuous family connection (and also because a team that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory seems about right for a Jags fan).

That said I'm not sure I will ever "support" a team from several timezones away. I can't even bring myself to support any English football teams!

I'm in the same boat. Leaning slightly towards the Falcons due to a tenuous family connection (and also because a team that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory seems about right for a Jags fan).
That said I'm not sure I will ever "support" a team from several timezones away. I can't even bring myself to support any English football teams!

It’s a completely different sport though, I would never call myself a ‘supporter’ of an English premier league team either, but when you take an interest in a team from another sport you really enjoy it makes the experience much better I think.

Having a team to root for, I keep myself up to date with the Raiders all the time now, just little things too, they’re my madden team, I have the jersey, make sure I watch all the games I can and makes it so much better.

Thought the same as you to start with but one of my best moments of last season was the last second winner against the Chiefs, absolutely buzzing after it. Maybe you’ll change your mind. [emoji6]

Hopefully get over for a game too. The move to Vegas is helpful as I’ll be able to tick off the 2 things at once, place I’ve always wanted to go.

Another Browns fan, welcome

If I was just starting out watching the nfl, I might choose the browns.

Just look at how excited the bills were getting to the play offs, the eagles winning the super bowl.... the browns can party like that after a win!!! [emoji23]

Ftfy

• 2 weeks later...

When the NFL hit the UK with Ch4 most of my pals followed the 49ers the dominant force at the time. So following the underdog as I do the Falcons was the obvious choice being at that time in the same division as the 49ers. What sealed the deal was Jerry Glanville the head coach back then deciding to change their uniform to black and bring about a change in mindset.
Scroll on 20 odd years i now have family in the Panhandle of Florida and go out visiting 3 or 4 times a year. Everyone here is mad College Football fans (bama, gators and FSU) with some Saints fans. Still haven't managed a match up in Atlanta (only 5 hour drive) but it's on the list.
And last years Superbowl hurt more than i expected tbh. Still haven't watched it back.
Hate the Pats as most do and the Saints.