Wayne Rooney Arrested for Drinking & Driving

GordonD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GordonD said:

What's the betting that he asked the cop, "D'you know who I am?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-41123148

If he was that drunk that he didn't know his name, he definitely shouldn't have been driving...

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

If he was that drunk that he didn't know his name, he definitely shouldn't have been driving...

I'm not sure he knew his name even when he was sober. Why d'you think it was written on the back of his shirt?

On a link to the Rooney story I came across this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-41106319

This line here puzzled me. :

He was also ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work and told to pay £835 costs and a £115 victim surcharge.

Victim surcharge?

Does this go to deceased hedgehog's family?

On a link to the Rooney story I came across this one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-41106319
This line here puzzled me. :
He was also ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work and told to pay £835 costs and a £115 victim surcharge.
Victim surcharge?
Does this go to deceased hedgehog's family?

"A post-mortem study carried out on the hedgehog showed that it had multiple fractures and a ruptured abdomen".

The magic money tree being put to good use again then.

19 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Always makes me laugh when it says over the prescribed limit as if every c***s a jakey that needs booze dished out to get through life.

I've literally never seen it described as a prescribed limit. Ever. Anywhere.

41 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"A post-mortem study carried out on the hedgehog showed that it had multiple fractures and a ruptured abdomen".

The magic money tree being put to good use again then.

Yes, hardly surprising given that it had just been bludgeoned to death by a maniac scouser armed with a brick.

46 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I've literally never seen it described as a prescribed limit. Ever. Anywhere.

Where the f**k have you been living?

It's an offence to drive, attempt to drive, or be in charge of a motor vehicle on a road or public place if the level of alcohol in your breath, blood or urine exceeds the prescribed limit. The legal limit of alcohol in the body is: 35 micrograms (µg) per 100 millilitres of breath

I guess it's the terminology, over here we refer to is a the "legal limit" and it's way higher than in the UK at 80 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath, also known as 0.08.  

Also I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive, especially if you are as rich as Wayne Rooney, surely his wages could afford him a taxi or at least an Uber,

33 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Where the f**k have you been living?

It's an offence to drive, attempt to drive, or be in charge of a motor vehicle on a road or public place if the level of alcohol in your breath, blood or urine exceeds the prescribed limit. The legal limit of alcohol in the body is: 35 micrograms (µg) per 100 millilitres of breath

Interesting. Where can I get someone to prescribe me some bevvy? I like the sound of that.

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I guess it's the terminology, over here we refer to is a the "legal limit" and it's way higher than in the UK at 80 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath, also known as 0.08.  

Also I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive, especially if you are as rich as Wayne Rooney, surely his wages could afford him a taxi or at least an Uber,

Canada is the same as England - the 80 micrograms is per 100ml of blood not breath.

Archived