Ardagh cup final venue

Duraglit shareholder

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cumnock to Irvine is hardly worlds apart.

Excellent transport links. Enough shelter for both sets of fans. Good pies and a pitch up there with the best.

Exactly and what is it about junior fans that they get a nosebleed at the thought of a wee journey . ?

Get to Irvine or troon nice and early and make a day of it or go on a supporters bus that takes about 40 minutes . :)

Surprised that nobody 's suggested vics park in Irvine.  Beautiful surroundings and ideal for trainspotters.

Beautiful surroundings ? As for the trainspotting theme troons ground does that only they have far better facilities and pitch .

It worked out well for the Afton in the Scottish final at Kilmarnock [emoji23]

But I fully agree with you. [emoji1360]

Worked out great for us too the year before and best footballing day of my life but I just like football to be played on grass . Old school.

I like the sound of townhead under the floodlights adds a bit of glamour,would be the neutral venue that pulls larger attendance,surely what both clubs and sponsor want and is it just me that thinks the surface at cumnock looks superior to the astro at rugby park at killie.Oh and it would give the only chance of silverware being seen on the premises for a long long time.

10 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Cumnock to Irvine is hardly worlds apart.

Excellent transport links. Enough shelter for both sets of fans. Good pies and a pitch up there with the best.

Good pies? Is that why they were rattled all over the floor of the showers on Monday?

8 hours ago, Shanner said:

folk have a real aversion to travel for some reason. I remember some severe 'Fake News!' type rebuttals coming my way last season for posting factual evidence from Traveline Scotland demonstrating that East Ayrshire to Irvine isn't actually that bad a journey.

tbh I agree that a midpoint like Cumnock or a coin toss for home advantage would make the most sense, but Irvine isn't the end of the world either.

Just kid on it's an away draw in the Scottish. Everyone will suddenly be gutted it's so close!

As said in a previous post. Lugar has a fantastic playing surface worthy of any final. Local for travelling supporters. Good facilities.Excellent turnout would be expected if held so local. But no doubt. It will be held down at newton stewart in the middle of nowhere [emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Its not a case of where but when. Both clubs are losing Saturdays like snow off a dyke, Glens with the William Hill and us through the fixtures galoot. Wednesday night at Cumnock......

A good idea but remember good ideas usually are Robertson being General Melchett

Archived