Ardagh cup final venue

Duraglit shareholder

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

Cumnock to Irvine is hardly worlds apart.

Excellent transport links. Enough shelter for both sets of fans. Good pies and a pitch up there with the best.

folk have a real aversion to travel for some reason. I remember some severe 'Fake News!' type rebuttals coming my way last season for posting factual evidence from Traveline Scotland demonstrating that East Ayrshire to Irvine isn't actually that bad a journey.

tbh I agree that a midpoint like Cumnock or a coin toss for home advantage would make the most sense, but Irvine isn't the end of the world either.

If it's on a Sunday  from New Cumnock to Irvine would take  2hrs 13 mins on a local bus  according to Google maps , hardly excellent transport links

Not Irvine's fault you live 2 hours from civilisation.

22 minutes ago, leckie said:

Nope, even longer than going by bus on a Sunday .

that's the time I'm getting from the train line website for Sunday coming. Fake News!

ETA there's a train that gets you to Irvine at 13.42 that only takes 1hr 9mins.

14 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Play it on a Wednesday night at Cumnock under lights. Both teams have lost enough weekends due to Glenaftons run in the William Hill. it makes sense.

Good shout and a midweek final under the lights would probably draw in a larger crowd 

Heard today that it is Newlandsfield. Can understand why as good transport links, attract neutrals etc......pee before you go to the game. 

That's another crap decision by the beaks.Surely common sense should prevail and hold the final at Cumnock. Oh hold on common sense and the SJFA are not compatible. As usual the punters have been short changed by an association more interested in the wishes of the sponsors and not of the pockets of the people who matter namely the supporters

That's another crap decision by the beaks.Surely common sense should prevail and hold the final at Cumnock. Oh hold on common sense and the SJFA are not compatible. As usual the punters have been short changed by an association more interested in the wishes of the sponsors and not of the pockets of the people who matter namely the supporters

Think you will find that a central based club hosting an ayrshire cup final is a wind up . Lol

Archived