Ardagh cup final venue

Duraglit shareholder

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, omar said:

Don't Scotland kick off at 5pm that day? (Away from home, though.)

Yes they are away to Slovenia in the final world cup qualifier, possibly a massive game if they can get result against Slovakia.

The Ardagh will probably be the only game on in Scotland that day!!!

Every year this same discussion happens. 

Honestly, if you can't travel to Irvine to see your team in a final then you dont deserve to call yourself a supporter. Just get on with it.

Jim thats no the point about travel lets have abit of sence about it. Not just wait to see whos in the final then decide lets have it as far as possible away fae both sets of fans tell us at start where its to be held. This grade of football is a getting a total joke. The beaks have nothing but comtent for the fans

33 minutes ago, Smudger said:

Jim thats no the point about travel lets have abit of sence about it. Not just wait to see whos in the final then decide lets have it as far as possible away fae both sets of fans tell us at start where its to be held. This grade of football is a getting a total joke. The beaks have nothing but comtent for the fans

It`s nothing to do with contempt. If they named a final venue before the tournament started you would still be having this discussion based on whoever actually reaches the final because people just live to moan now. The teams that are in the final won`t be giving a toss where it is they`ll just rock up on the day and enjoy the chance of winning something and the supporters should be going along with the same attitude. It`s a final ffs and you`re having a laugh of you think 20 miles is "as far away as possible"

I know this might be to sensible but could they not do it on a rota system. Grounds that are suitable to hold the final put on list and move the final every year to a different ground . If you happen to get to the final and it's your home ground so be it.
But then what would I know I'm only a fan that doesn't count to them.

10 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

I know this might be to sensible but could they not do it on a rota system. Grounds that are suitable to hold the final put on list and move the final every year to a different ground . If you happen to get to the final and it's your home ground so be it.
But then what would I know I'm only a fan that doesn't count to them.

You would still have people bickering about who would get on the list...Medda,Pollok,Troon,Talbot (and if Hurlford got their surface in shape) that`s it for me. Good facilities and good surfaces to play on. No artificial surfaces or ridiculous slopes need apply. If that was the options then your rotation system would sound like a good option.

21 hours ago, Smudger said:

I have to agree with GLESGABOY about people moaning. Another annual gripe is the Scottish final being at Rugby Park, with the principle annoyance being that, "it's no grass. Fitba should be played on grass". Fair enough, but don't then start to favour a Wednesday night at Cumnock rather than drive an extra 20 minutes down the bypass.

Opinions are fine but I honestly think some of you look for things to get flustered over. I love Talbot and hate not getting to see them. The supporters should be looking forward to the final. 

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:30, GLESGABOY said:

You would still have people bickering about who would get on the list...Medda,Pollok,Troon,Talbot (and if Hurlford got their surface in shape) that`s it for me. Good facilities and good surfaces to play on. No artificial surfaces or ridiculous slopes need apply. If that was the options then your rotation system would sound like a good option.

Hurlford  no ridiculous slopes take it you have never been there.

Assuming the host club receives a hire fee and extra income from catering to a higher than average crowd, it seems fair to share the hosting priveliges around as many clubs as possible.

Do clubs bid for the finals or are they approached to host them?

Approached

Archived