Best & worst prizes in competitions

sjc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won £100 in Safeway vouchers from George Bowie when he did the afternoon show on Clyde for answering the question "What makes bread rise".

I won £100 from Scot FM for displaying an "I listen to 100.3 Scot FM" car sticker on my car window. Although I didn't display the sticker or listen to the station. I worked in the building that they rented space in for their Glasgow studio and was friendly with a couple of the guys there who stuck my registration number on the list for me. 

Can't really remember anything else I've won. Not really one for entering competitions.

I personally thought you were quite good in Sweet Sixteen and The Angels Share.
The-Angels-Share-13.jpg

I don't remember the boys name in the film but that was my nickname for a couple of months after it came out. This guy, McGroarty or Steve Sidwell.

I don't even have a big penis and I still have managed to snare myself a woman. Clearly due to magnificent banter as demonstrated on this site on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I won £100 in Safeway vouchers from George Bowie when he did the afternoon show on Clyde for answering the question "What makes bread rise".

I won £100 from Scot FM for displaying an "I listen to 100.3 Scot FM" car sticker on my car window. Although I didn't display the sticker or listen to the station. I worked in the building that they rented space in for their Glasgow studio and was friendly with a couple of the guys there who stuck my registration number on the list for me. 

Can't really remember anything else I've won. Not really one for entering competitions.

I hope you answered 'heat'

I won a prize from the hole sponsor when I got a hole-in-one when I was 14! I won a joint...................

..........of beef, the sponsor was a local butcher!

Just remembered the worst prize I ever won -

I won the chance to be involved with the SPFL deciding the "...of the month" awards at Hampden.  There was a Facebook contest for people to nominate people and a brief reason why.  I won but didn't realise that I had to make my own way to Hampden on a weekday when I was working.

No wonder Jimmy Nicholl never won manager of the month :(

On 8/31/2017 at 12:25, NorthernJambo said:

I had the same thought. Unlimited texts, unlimited entries, unlimited monies. Then I minded the "fair use policy". What if the app goes beyond the policy and this money making scheme costs me money? Was this app made by Vodafone? Bet it was shysters.

I've set a limit on mine to 1000 texts a month and haven't had a problem so far.  Haven't won anything admittedly :lol:

Back when Saints had Jason Scotland of Trinidad and Tobago and irn-bru were marketing the "Scotland's going to the world cup" I entered something on Saint's website and won a case of irn-bru and a t-shirt of some description.

I was younger and not driving yet and lived in Glasgow so I gave the letter to my mum's partner as he was going to Perth for work a few weeks later. c**t forgot to collect it and I never saw heed or tail of it. Was raging. I still remind him of it to this day.

In true supermik fashion  and vaguely connected to the topic. I went to see Ten Pole Tudor in King Tuts. He made the mistake of playing Swords of a Thousand Men 1st, so we left straight after. A bale of Morgan ' s Spiced Rum T-shirt had just been left by a rep for prizes later, obviously we stole them and handed them out to anybody that would take them on Bath Street. I kept a few for 5 a sides.

So they had no prizes that night, which would have been shite, but it's their own fault.

St Mirren do a Facebook contest where if you correctly guess the first goalscorer pre-match, you can win a prize.

Last season, it was a £20 voucher for one of the local takeaways which was decent enough I suppose. However, said takeaway has clearly withdrawn the funding as this has now been downgraded to the very ambiguous prize of a 'bag of doughnuts', which makes me laugh.

How big a bag? Where do these doughnuts originate? What kind of doughnuts? How many? Why are they in a fucking bag? Is it a clear polythene ziplock bag, a binbag, or a holdall? Who actually wants this suspect as f**k prize in the first place? Can anyone in the world get excited about winning a bag of fucking doughnuts?

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

St Mirren do a Facebook contest where if you correctly guess the first goalscorer pre-match, you can win a prize.

Last season, it was a £20 voucher for one of the local takeaways which was decent enough I suppose. However, said takeaway has clearly withdrawn the funding as this has now been downgraded to the very ambiguous prize of a 'bag of doughnuts', which makes me laugh.

How big a bag? Where do these doughnuts originate? What kind of doughnuts? How many? Why are they in a fucking bag? Is it a clear polythene ziplock bag, a binbag, or a holdall? Who actually wants this suspect as f**k prize in the first place? Can anyone in the world get excited about winning a bag of fucking doughnuts?

212px-Homer_Simpson_2006.png

It was a box of Krispy Kremes last week.

I won a ps1 with a pile of games in a primary school raffle about 2005. I was staying over at my mate's that night and much fun was had on Champions League 2000.

I very recently won a pair of Barney Bear binoculars.

• 1 month later...

I won a Scotland top signed by the women's team. Some of them have helpfully added their squad number to give a clue as to who they are.

I was going to give it to my eldest daughter but it's an XL top.

I have won an Off The Ball T shirt a couple of times.
And on the back of that got invited to the OTB St. Andrew's Nigjt Bash at some hotel on Great Western Road. Shared a table with Jimmy Calderwood and Jimmy Nicholl. A fine night out if i remember correctly.

Archived