Best & worst prizes in competitions

sjc

I have never used this app. However I have unlimited texts so I look forward to becoming a millionaire by this means.

I had the same thought. Unlimited texts, unlimited entries, unlimited monies. Then I minded the "fair use policy". What if the app goes beyond the policy and this money making scheme costs me money? Was this app made by Vodafone? Bet it was shysters.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won two tickets to Sonisphere Festival the first year it was held down south (Metallica and Linkin Park headlining). The gloss was taken off it a touch when I told my friends about it and they all entered the same competition I did, which was still running and all “won” tickets too. I think they gave away around 10,000 tickets in the end to boost the festivals numbers.

I’d have been annoyed if I’d paid for tickets to it though, which I very nearly had done.

Not sure about a worst prize but I was robbed of winning some chocolate on a school trip to Belgium. In a tackiest gift competition my postcard (a plain black postcard with “Brugge by night” written on it) came in second place to some plastic spoons with flowers on them. The winner was chosen by the teachers and shockingly  it was one of them who entered the spoons.

Won two tickets via McDonald's to see Czech Republic v Russia at Anfield at Euro '96.

Superb game, 3-3 draw, stayed at the Adelphi hotel. My and my pal went out and got absolutely maracked in Liverpool, brilliant night, and he was literally reduced to crawling up the street back to the hotel. The doormen weren't going to let us in until I pointed out that "we live here" :lol:

Also won a lovely bottle of Jura whisky in the Scotland on Sunday by correctly answering a Falkirk related question.

Last summer I won a pile of brilliant vinyl releases by the newly reformed Music For Nations label. Problem was, I was away on holiday at the time, and missed their email until I got home.

Tried explaining the situation; no dice. SEETHING.

29 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Won two tickets via McDonald's to see Czech Republic v Russia at Anfield at Euro '96.

Superb game, 3-3 draw, stayed at the Adelphi hotel. My and my pal went out and got absolutely maracked in Liverpool, brilliant night, and he was literally reduced to crawling up the street back to the hotel. The doormen weren't going to let us in until I pointed out that "we live here" :lol:

Liverpool's a great place for a night out but the Adelphi is the shittiest hotel I've stayed in outside the 3rd World.

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

I won a match worn signed Dunfermline top, must be about 20 year ago now, some c**t McGroarty's top and I've no idea who all signed it. If anyone kens the lad McGroarty and he wants it back I'm open to offers.

All downhill (everything is downhill when leaving the mighty Pars I hear you say) for him after that, playing for teams like Glenrothes, Forth Wanderers and St Mirren.  s-l1000.jpg

All downhill (everything is downhill when leaving the mighty Pars I hear you say) for him after that, playing for teams like Glenrothes, Forth Wanderers and St Mirren.  s-l1000.jpg

He certainly looks capable of carving a career in the juniors. The top might have number 30 on it (I've not seen it in years) so that could help give a timeframe?

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

He certainly looks capable of carving a career in the juniors. The top might have number 30 on it (I've not seen it in years) so that could help give a timeframe?

That 1993-2014 period is a bit of a blur for me.

Archived