Best & worst prizes in competitions

sjc

Hot on the heels of Divs "Tennents T-Towel Competition", what's the shitest prize you've ever won, seen or competed for?

*Poster with the best response wins hee haw.

On the flip side of the coin, what is the best prize you've won, seen or competed for? 

*again, the Poster with the best response wins hee haw. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally use this competition website for finding competitions.

https://www.loquax.co.uk/

I've won good prizes, like £5k and a trip to the Formula 1 in France, and shit prizes like a Scotland international team beer glass, a Ryobi branded inflatable set of goals, and a cheap and nasty green plastic Gatorade bottle. Most of these shit prizes get horsed in the bin.

Recently I've won football match tickets for games I had no intention of attending - Sunderland v Everton, St Johnstone v Dundee United Scottish Cup Final.

Runners up prizes in low value competitions are generally a bit shit.

I was putting a coupon on one Saturday and was asked to enter a competition to win Scottish cup tickets which I duly did. A few weeks later having forgotten about it, I received a letter informing me of my win and to go to the ticket office at Glebe park to collect. The only problem was that the game had been played two days previously!

I've seen multiple raffles where one of the prizes was a substantial amount of horse shit. There's always one person who's very excited about winning it "to put on my garden". Uhuh.

Won a few text-in competitions on Dominik Diamond's radio shows. There were no grand prizes, he'd just give away tat he had at home as prizes. Won a tatty book about cricket, signed by the cricketer. Gave it to my brother for his Christmas present. Got to chat to the lovely Marissa de Andrade though when she'd call up for my address.

I've won tickets to Thistle games before and hospitality for two at a home match vs. Kilmarnock.

I also won a Facebook competition where you had to predict the winner of the 2012 Open Championship. It was for £200 worth of golf clothing and I wrote Ernie Els then completely forgot about it. A year later I checked the 'Other' folder in my messages and saw a DM saying I'd won. I replied saying 'superb, how do I collect my prize?' as if there wasn't a year-long gap between messages, and he told me to piss aff. Guy could've made more of an effort to get in touch with me though, even a friend request would've been enough for me to see that message...

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I generally use this competition website for finding competitions.

https://www.loquax.co.uk/

I've won good prizes, like £5k and a trip to the Formula 1 in France, and shit prizes like a Scotland international team beer glass, a Ryobi branded inflatable set of goals, and a cheap and nasty green plastic Gatorade bottle. Most of these shit prizes get horsed in the bin.

Recently I've won football match tickets for games I had no intention of attending - Sunderland v Everton, St Johnstone v Dundee United Scottish Cup Final.

Runners up prizes in low value competitions are generally a bit shit.

Ever used the Lucky Leftovers app?  Uses the remaining texts in your monthly allowance to enter free competitions.  No idea how it works but you get a penny for every 10 entries or something.  Not won anything yet but have £1.07 :lol:

Ever used the Lucky Leftovers app?  Uses the remaining texts in your monthly allowance to enter free competitions.  No idea how it works but you get a penny for every 10 entries or something.  Not won anything yet but have £1.07 :lol:

I have never used this app. However I have unlimited texts so I look forward to becoming a millionaire by this means.

Archived