Kezia Dugdale

Donathan

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Kezia a 5/1 shot at the bookies to join the SNP, should make for some interesting reading on here if she does!emoji6.png

Seen it mentioned on here a few times that she was knocked back from the SNP years ago, dunno how true that was.

Personally I think she is a secret Indy fan. It will probably come out that she voted YES and she'll look even more pathetic. 

42 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

No chance she can join the SNP. How could she argue for everything she has fought against for years?

after years of shouting "SNPBAD!" and generally being useless, i doubt the SNP would take her, the only reason i can think would be to score some points against Labour

51 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Seen it mentioned on here a few times that she was knocked back from the SNP years ago, dunno how true that was.

Personally I think she is a secret Indy fan. It will probably come out that she voted YES and she'll look even more pathetic. 

During a post-Brexit interview, Nicola Sturgeon had suggested Kezia called her to say she'd no longer oppose independence.    

With her father and pussy interest both fervent supporters of independence - it seems plausible.   

Ask Ruth

Good point but Ruth gets an easy ride off the media and she's only in it for herself. Her Twitter account supporting English cricket etc is just part of the interview process for the PM job.
It'd be hilarious if she got it and actually came under scrutiny.

I think this is just a bookie being a little mischievous tbh. If there's any substance to it all, the scenes would be sensational. She'd never be a front-line politician for the SNP of course, given some of her ridiculous SLab rhetoric, but it would just be funny to see the apoplectic rage of the branch office if it was to ever happen.

She is also absolutely dog shite when under the gun, both by interviewers (Ponsonby has utterly demolished her at least twice) and in debates, where she seems a like a cross between a shouty prefect and an utter bunny boiler. 

If she'd joined the SNP early doors I doubt she'd be much above the level of a local Councillor now. Labour are just so fucking shite in Scotland she was promoted well beyond her ability. 

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I can't see this happening.  The SNP's raison d'etre is, and always will be independence.

Would Scottish Labour seriously expect them to drop that?

In terms of the legislative agenda, independence isn't on the cards right now. If it is, they don't need to support it.

Parties on Holyrood can assert influence on the budget and establish working partnerships despite having fundamental differences. The SNP have relied on support from the Conservatives to pass a budget before and I don't really see an issue with that.

Labour MEP, David Martin, suggests a coalition with the SNP and wants relationships to begin now.
I wonder if this might be their focus of the leadership campaign. If they can get to a stage where they can influence policy and tone down their SNPBAAAAAAAAAAAAD seethe, they might start to look like a credible option again.

I can see Richard Lennon being sympathetic to this idea. Anas Sar war on the other hand?

Archived