TNS vs Livingston

AMC13

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TNS officially now own us :wacko:!!

No excuses we should have won,big toddy's miss 2 mins from the end of E/T was howling :(

Was a far better perfomance than last seasons disaster at home,but we're oot again,dont want reinstated or a replay. Put it to bed,learn from it and move on.

Hopefully one of oor fellow scots teams can horse them oot in the next round:thumsup2

26 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

They're not lenient on clubs who make the slightest infringement of the rules, no matter how innocent or trivial.

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Who aren't?

1 minute ago, Big Berk said:

The SPFL who're running the thing of course.

Their predecessors were fairly lenient. At least, they were lenient where one club was concerned...

Just back from a great weekend, take the result out though lol. 

Took in the Wrexham v Bromley game on Saturday, and Scotland game tomorrow so 3 games, in 3 different countries in 3 days :thumsup2

The penalties was a farce but we lost fair and square, last thing the club will want is a replay or anything as we will lose more money with traveling costs etc. 

Diddy comp anyway :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Just back from a great weekend, take the result out though lol. 

Took in the Wrexham v Bromley game on Saturday, and Scotland game tomorrow so 3 games, in 3 different countries in 3 days :thumsup2

The penalties was a farce but we lost fair and square, last thing the club will want is a replay or anything as we will lose more money with traveling costs etc. 

Diddy comp anyway :rolleyes:

Hope you had a spell in Oswestry, had some great nights out there.

Game was a bit of a shitter put a slight dampener on what was a great weekend, Oswestry's a class wee place for a night out although saying that their wetherspoons can get tae f**k.

Yes, if he got it wrong, which is more likely to be the Ayr - Montrose ref I'd imagine..

Considering Albion Rovers also knocked out Spartans with normal penalties (before they were kicked out), I'm fairly certain yesterday's ref is the one in the wrong.

The fact there is absolutely no mention of the ABBA system being used for this competition would also suggest yesterday's ref was the one who arsed it up.

I'm not sure why you'd think the ref in the Ayr and Montrose game is the one who made the cock up when all the evidence suggests it's the opposite.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not sure why you'd think the ref in the Ayr and Montrose game is the one who made the cock up when all the evidence suggests it's the opposite.

For the sake of accuracy, I said the Ayr ref was more likely to have got it wrong, as the TNS ref was definite in his actions. Its possible of course that none of the refs were in the wrong but had been given conflicting instructions.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds like complete nonsense to me.

I agree - you toss a coin and the team that wins (or loses) goes first.

Unless tossing a coin is considered an advantage as well.

I suppose it could be an advantage in the sudden death if you score and then the opposing team HAVE to score to stay in it but even then its pretty tenuous.

And kicking t ball towards the home supporters - is that an advantage as well?

They really couldn't manage a proverbial piss-up in a brewery.

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I agree - you toss a coin and the team that wins (or loses) goes first.

Unless tossing a coin is considered an advantage as well.

I suppose it could be an advantage in the sudden death if you score and then the opposing team HAVE to score to stay in it but even then its pretty tenuous.

And kicking t ball towards the home supporters - is that an advantage as well?

They really couldn't manage a proverbial piss-up in a brewery.

Agreed, I don't know why we need to make penalties "less pressurised" anyway. Both teams haven't been good enough to win the match after 120 minutes of play so I'm afraid you need to take whatever comes to you at the shoot-out.

Archived